NPC Talk event without a message

Description: Internal scripting system of SMBX-38A Engine based on the simple VB-like language
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Super Mario Player M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Super Mario Player M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Tencent QQ

Post #1by Super Mario Player » 28 May 2019, 0:15

Hey there :hi:
I've been wondering if there's a way, using TeaScript and/or other means, to trigger an NPC's Talk Event, without setting them up to say anything (i.e. leaving the Message box blank):
Spoiler

If there's no such way, then how could I re-create the Talk event of that NPC (i.e. trigger an event whenever the player gets close by and presses a certain key), in a way as convenient as possible? I've had the idea of using liquids (with liquid type Event Once or Event Always), but I could not come up with a way to do that which was not tedious, that did not involve a ton of variables or scripts, etc.

Thanks in advance! :) ;-)

Side note: I'm making this post there, rather than the Script requests subforum, because I'm not asking for a precise script, but simply for a method to trigger or re-create an event. If a moderator believes this post belongs elsewhere, they may move it there, and I apologize if that post feels out of place.
My current project:
Spoiler
The Legend of Zelda: The Curse of the Wise Men

The Tower of Challenges

Languages I speak (if you want to PM me):
Spoiler
Image Image Image

Click to see my YouTube channel

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #2by Void-the-Bat » 24 Mar 2020, 20:45

Super Mario Player wrote:Hey there :hi:
I've been wondering if there's a way, using TeaScript and/or other means, to trigger an NPC's Talk Event, without setting them up to say anything (i.e. leaving the Message box blank):
Spoiler

If there's no such way, then how could I re-create the Talk event of that NPC (i.e. trigger an event whenever the player gets close by and presses a certain key), in a way as convenient as possible? I've had the idea of using liquids (with liquid type Event Once or Event Always), but I could not come up with a way to do that which was not tedious, that did not involve a ton of variables or scripts, etc.

Thanks in advance! :) ;-)

Side note: I'm making this post there, rather than the Script requests subforum, because I'm not asking for a precise script, but simply for a method to trigger or re-create an event. If a moderator believes this post belongs elsewhere, they may move it there, and I apologize if that post feels out of place.
Sorry for the very late reply, but it is actually possible to trigger their Talk Event without a message by pressing up in front of them. Hope this helps!
Come join the 38A Discord server!
sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look another Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “TeaScript”