A free and open source game engine project
[Completed] Maintenance 2020-03-29
Tomorrow (for a March 29th, 2020) a big maintenance work is planned. That means the site, forum, wiki, additional sites at subdomains, will offline.
March 30th, 2020, All works have been completed, all systems are operational.
Posted 03/28/2020 11:42 by Wohlstand
Meet TheXTech: a full working C++ port of SMBX engine
Did you see that I have done little work in my public repositories during February and at the start of March? So, I did a lot of work which I am going to present for you all: it's a full C++ port of the original SMBX engine which now works on multiple platforms (tested on Linux, Windows and macOS), and it does accurately represent original gameplay with the rest of features and bugs!
(To get downloads and see details, open a full post)
Posted 03/14/2020 03:29 by Wohlstand
Platformer Game Engine Project v0.4.3 Beta
After more than a year of development, it's time to release a new stable snapshot! The reason these have not happened as often is that I've had to deal with time and energy constraints. However, it's finally time to release a new snapshot and continue towards major progress for this project.
Regarding PGE Engine development, the recent release of the source code of a game that was one of the inspirations for me beginning this project means I now have a better source of knowledge that will greatly benefit me with engine development. In other words, after the release of this snapshot, some difficult development work for the PGE Engine is upcoming.
Downloads here: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/releases/tag/v0.4.3-dev
Posted 02/20/2020 08:48 by Wohlstand
Translating PGE Project into other languages
Small news for everyone:
Some days ago I have set up the WebLate platform which a system to work with translations. That means, everyone can contribute translations for PGE components easily and with less effort!
Here is a profile of PGE Project on WebLate: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/pge-project/
To start work on translation, log in into WebLate (or register an account if needed) and feel free to translate! You can work together with friends and other folks on the same language to make the work go faster and easier rather than doing everything alone!
Posted 10/17/2019 06:11 by Wohlstand
A delayed announcement of PGE update: PGE Editor 0.3.1.15 and PGE Engine 0.3.1-alpha
Greetings everyone! Sorry for the long delay in announcements related to the PGE toolchain. I still mostly work on most of PGE intensely when I can despite having issues with finding free time to do so. For the time being, I am going to to showcase changes and improvements I have made to PGE components for two years.
Download links can be found here:
* Stable builds: https://wohlsoft.ru/PGE/#links
* Fresh experimental / nightly builds: https://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/
Posted 11/15/2018 04:37 by Wohlstand
Hotfix for GIFs2PNG (A component of PGE Project)
Important news, please read!
Recently we found a massive bug in Version 3.0 (older versions aren't affected) of the GIFs2PNG tool: When trying to convert images using a config pack and having the "-r" flag (remove source images) set, GIFs2PNG would also remove masks from the config pack!
We have updated the PGE Project builds to update GIFs2PNG to Version 3.0.1 which fixes this bug!
The next update to the PGE Project will come soon after we complete a lot of work on the engine application. The editor is preparing for a big reorganising and will have many new features!
See you soon!
Posted 06/14/2017 01:26 by Wohlstand
Small update of PGE Project and bugfixes
This update contains a set of bugfixes and has completely rewritten console tools (GIFs2PNG, PNG2GIFs, and LazyFixTool) which now are lightweight and independent from Qt DLLs and SOs! Also, the update of PGE File Library finally fixes the ability to open latest 38A levels and adds a support to open 38A world maps! (However, read-only, and some settings are will be lost, but you are still able to save it into SMBX64 and PGE-X formats).
Mac assembly was rebuilt and fixed, now it finally works on the new macOS Sierra!
For a full changelog, please click the "Read more" link.
Posted 02/25/2017 12:16 by Wohlstand
PGE-Wiki now has Visual Editor!
Small news on the PGE Wiki!
Now I doing some experiments with the VisualEditor which allows you to make the wiki pages much easier! It's widely using on the Wikipedia, Wikia, and many other MediaWiki based projects!
For now, you are able to enable it in your editing settings, then you will be able to use it!
One note: in any case, it doesn't work, means, my primary server (where Parsoid backend is running) is down or has trouble with my IPS's down.
Posted 01/15/2017 01:14 by Wohlstand
Happy New Year!
This was a very busy year: We were overloaded with various side jobs, we had a lot of surprises, some good, some bad. Although many bad things happened this year, we think that everyone has at least something archived this year. Each of us and everyone as a community.
Happy New Year, our dear friends! We wish you good luck in this year, and many more good moments, and more surprises!
Wohlstand & Kevsoft
Posted 01/01/2017 02:27 by Wohlstand
LunaLua v0.7.3.1 is finally released
This version provides an ability to natively run level testing from PGE Editor's call with an ability to quickly restart a level with sending latest in-editor changes, reset checkpoints, toggle playable character, etc.
Here is the changelog:
- Added non-ASCII paths support! (LunaLUA-SMBX's root finally can be placed into a path with non-ASCII characters. But limit is: don't mix codepages (example: both Russian and Chinese characters in a path, or you will get VB Error "File not found". Same happens on Vanilla SMBX if you have been used non-local characters.))
- Added a test-mode system which can be controlled by LunaTester inside Windows version of PGE Editor.
- Added Graphics.getBits32 function which is a fast way to access the bits of an image resource
- glDraw can draw with scene coordinates (sceneCoords=true as named arg)
- Added CaptureBuffer class which allows capturing the screen at a specific render priority
- The max id of Blocks has been increased to 700
- Added lunabase.lua to LuaScriptsLib which is a global user script file.
- Overworld sprite can be patched at runtime
- Added Misc.registerCharacterId which allows registering new characters
- Added Misc.resolveGraphicsFile which only resolves a file from a custom folder, episode folder or the graphics folder from SMBX.
- Added Graphics.loadImageResolved which is a handy combination of Graphics.loadImage and Misc.resolveGraphicsFile, with a useful error message if it can't find anything.
- Added PlayingSfxInstance class which represents a sound
- Added some new defines
- Enhanced profile.lua to be useful. Usable by hitting F3 to start and F3 to finish.
- Add force_disable_fullscreen option to luna.ini because the smbx fullscreen is acting up for some
- Add Player.getIntersecting
Posted 12/14/2016 02:51 by Wohlstand