So the title of this episode is:
- It's been years after Mario has stopped Bowser from marrying Princess Peach and ruling planet Earth harnessed by the power of the moon (depicted by the events of Super Mario Odyssey). Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and his other known allies became legends for bringing peace across all the kingdoms in Earth and even throughout the galaxy.
As time goes by, a population of heavenly bodies known as the "Infinity Stars" has emerged and became abundant, becoming the living elements floating and shining in the galaxy, but -- alongside their existence, there's also a rising darkness that lurks in the negativity of reality itself.
This darkness has found Dry Bowser, who lives in an unvisited dry kingdom and gives him an opportunity to learn the power of the Infinity Stars and start stealing a few of them. Soon, he becomes strong enough to form alliance with Mario and Luigi's other former foes -- Wart, King Boo, Tatanga, Kamek, Petey Piranha, Mouser. As he gives each of them the responsibility to possess a stolen infinity star and start helping him rule the galaxy, he commands Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings to fulfill his unfinished business -- kidnap Princess Peach and continue their wedding ceremony from where it's left off.
One day, Mario and Princess Peach learns the gradual disappearance of the Infinity Stars, and the latter was successfully kidnapped by Bowser Jr and the Koopalings.
Mario failed to stop Bowsers' children and found himself stranded somewhere in Goombas' Grassland, realizing that he's called for a mission -- to gather the scattered infinity stars, rescue the rest from the hands of his enemies, save the princess and put a stop once and for all to Bowser's nefarious plans to rule the galaxy.
- What's new (v0.3.0)
Official Build (v0.3.0)
Phase 1 of 5 - The Subcon Update
- Starting from this version, this will serve as the official release of the episode (consider this as Phase 1).
- For upcoming versions, this version (v0.3.0) will be the foundation, and is expected to have more levels in the same folder/structure/worldmap. You might want to back up your save file starting from this version because it's going to be useful up until phase 5
- A lot of major enhancements on the existing levels (from v0.1.1) and new and cool additions are available in this version.
- World 5 is no longer a secret world. As a matter of fact, it serves as a major part of the story (especially in Phase 1).
- Contains all levels from world 1 - world 6 including 4 levels of world 15 (star road).
My video walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHinV5yZUYzQZvSh7LOFdtbwj_U7BiDD
- Progress (as of v0.3.0)
- Worldmap = 100% (promised myself not to make major changes anymore because your save files are at stake here)
World 1 - Goombas' Grassland (100% complete)
World 2 - Yoshi's Island (100% complete)
World 3 - Mocha Desert (100% complete)
*World 4 - Subcon (100% complete)
World 5 - Mushroom Kingdoms (100% complete)
World 6 - Summer Seaside (100% complete)
World 7 - Creamy Blizzard (2% complete)
*World 8 - Sarasaland (0% complete)
World 9 - Chocolate Mountain (1% complete)
*World 10 - Willow Wilderness (1% complete)
*World 11 - Bob-omb Battlefield (1% complete)
World 12 - Heavenly Clouds (1% complete)
*World 13 - Boos' Olive Graveyard (1% complete)
World 14 - Blazing Abyss (3% complete)
*World 15 - Star World / Star Road (5% complete)
*World 16 - ? (0% complete)
- Coverage & Plans
- Episode coverage:
This episode will be divided into phases (a total of 5 each). Means, each time I release new worlds -- it will be incremental. Not all at once, since I admit that there's still a long way to go before attaining the 100% completion of the game.
Phase #1 - Subcon Update (v0.3.0)
Contains all levels from world 1 - world 6 including 4 levels of world 15 (star road)
Phase #2 - Sarasaland Update (v0.5.0) (May start Late 2021 or Early 2022 -- depends on my bandwidth)
Expected to contain all levels from world 7 - world 9.
Phase #3 - Bob-Omb Update (v0.7.0) (Coming soon...)
Expected to contain all levels from world 10 - world 12 including 2 levels of world 15 (star road)
Phase #4 - Bowser Update (v0.9.0) (Coming soon...)
Expected to contain all levels from world 13 - world 14. This will include the overall fight with Bowser and the rescue mission for Princess Peach.
Phase #5 - The Final Update (v1.0.0) (Coming soon...)
Will include all levels from world 15 (the rest of star road) to world 16 (the last and secret world). This includes all epilogues and the last part of the "Super Mario Infinity" story.
Updates beyond v1.0.0 will be bug fixes or enhancements.
- Characters of the episode
- Playable characters:
Luigi (unlockable and playable)
Toadsworth (mushroom houses)
Captain Toad (keeper of most of the secret infinity stars)
<others coming soon>
2 Playable Characters (single player mode only)
32 infinity stars to collect
8 normal worlds
7 secret worlds
1 special world
4 switch palaces
16 world bosses
Many toad houses
Star coin collection
Awesome music from various Super Mario games and beyond (better with headphones)
Lots of secrets to discover...
Super Mushroom Mini Mushroom Fire Flower Tanooki Leaf Cape Feather Blue Shell Propeller Mushroom Penguin Suit Boomerang Flower Gold Flower Star Power 1 Up Mushroom 3 Up Moon
Mega Mushroom Cloud Flower Boo Mushroom
- Gameplay Screenshots
Most of these are subject to change, and they don't reflect the final revisions.
- Credits (special thanks to) (updated)
- This project will never be even possible if it wasn't for them .
"Chain Chomp Chaos" by Lx Xzit
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc92YmRq-sQ
"Cave of Baby Yoshi" by Skizo
"Mountain" by litchh
"Froggy Shoal" by Lx Xzit
"The Forgotten Mushroom" by Xilore25
"Cap Hills" by Gas
I do acknowledge that these custom levels won't add points to my episode. I found those levels very COOL that I decided to make them a part of Mario and Luigi's journey in this episode (though slight adjustments are done to blend with the rest of the levels in the episode). Credits can be read during gameplay.