Make Up A Yoshi And Have It Rated!

Description: Play forum games here! Note: posting here will not affect your post count.
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Meowflash M
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Meowflash M
Honourable citizen

Post #1by Meowflash » 13 Aug 2014, 0:14

Hello there, everyone! This is Meowflash speaking. I thought about having a take on making a forum game.

Ok, so, let's play...

Make Up A Yoshi And Have It Rated!

Ok, this is how we do it:

1. One user comes up with a name of their Yoshi and describes its looks and powers.
2. The other user rates the first user's Yoshi and makes up their own Yoshi.
3. Then it all goes on....
4. ???
5. Profit!

Now let's play! :)

Meowflash M
Honourable citizen
Meowflash M
Honourable citizen

Post #2by Meowflash » 13 Aug 2014, 18:51

Fine...I'll start...

Name: Orange Yoshi
Looks: See the name!
Powers: Walking on quicksand, water, donut blocks (without making them fall) and lava, ground pound, spitting hammers, double jump and faster speed!

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #3by Veudekato » 14 Aug 2014, 8:44

Your Yoshi IS very powerful and functional.

Name:yoshi rex
looks: yoshi with rex's head
Powers: Can very fast run and hit the enemy ( not with jump.Head)
Last edited by Veudekato on 17 Aug 2014, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
My channel (PlatGEnWohl news and tutorials , smbx tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

Meowflash M
Honourable citizen
Meowflash M
Honourable citizen

Post #4by Meowflash » 16 Aug 2014, 19:13

Hmmmm...not bad.

Name: Blaze Yoshi
Looks: Red/Orange/Yellow Yoshi
Powers: An upgraded version of the Red Yoshi. It can spew 12 fireballs and then use its mouth like a flamethrower after it eats an enemy. Plus, it walks on lava and is fire resistant! Recommended weapon against Bowser.

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #5by Squishy Rex » 18 Aug 2014, 9:14

So it's basically a flamethrower block of sorts crossed with the Podoboo's Shoe. I can see how that could be beneficial, especially since you can swim with Yoshis and not the Shoes. It's a nice combination that lets you have the best of both worlds.

Name: Wispy Yoshi
Colour: White/Grey
Powers: Similar to that of the Ghost Mario power-up, however you can't fly (unless you eat a Kamikaze Koopa/Blue Shell). It can allow the rider to walk through walls with the Yoshi and when it jumps, it can hover like Princess Peach.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

Meowflash M
Honourable citizen
Meowflash M
Honourable citizen

Post #6by Meowflash » 22 Aug 2014, 17:52

A good Yoshi choice for a ghost house level. I see how it could walk through walls and hover like Princess Peach. That is a very nice concept based on the Ghost Yoshi from HotSQ.

Name: Gravity Yoshi
Looks: A red/blue Yoshi when in normal gravity, but, blue/red when in reversed gravity. Also, the Yoshi wears shades as same as the Laser Bird's from Angry Birds Space.
Powers: It can switch the gravity when you're riding it. Instead of eating enemies, it spits out the beam that Link shoots when he's under the Hammer Suit effect.

DatDude
Passerby
Passerby
DatDude
Passerby
Passerby

Post #7by DatDude » 22 Nov 2014, 16:00

Pretty good. I like how it changes gravity.

Name: Ninj-shi
Looks: A dark grey yoshi with a ninja suit and katana behind it. His entire body is covered, except for the eye part, which looks like an angry face.
Powers: Can turn invisible for a short while, preventing it from being killed (Unless falling in lava, or a pit). Stomping an enemy with the yoshi will cause the invisiblity to wear out. He is also slightly faster than regular Yoshis.

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #8by Squishy Rex » 23 Nov 2014, 13:30

I hope you guys do realize it may be possible to code our own Yoshis with PGE eventually. Some of these may actually work as custom Yoshis, well at least it would be if we could do it in the future.

Name: Stone Yoshi
Looks: Dark/Light Brown Yoshi
Powers: Upon eating an enemy, he can spit out a boulder (The same boulders as Diggin' Chuck) These boulders roll into enemies, defeating them on contact. They can destroy Brick Blocks and other certain blocks by rolling right through them. Boulders sink in water and fall apart when they hit any underwater enemy or block. Boulders, unlike shells or ice blocks will only roll fast when they go down hills. Rolling along flat surfaces they are fairly slow.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #9by PK Esper » 25 Feb 2017, 8:56

^ That Yoshi might be perfect for a hard cavern level that contains many objects and hazards.

Name: Captain Dark Blue Yoshi
Looks: Dark blue coloured, wears the pilot's captain hat
Powers: Captain Dark Blue Yoshi can swim the water like Penguin Mario's ability. He can throw his anchor to make him prevent from falling to the tornado in the water that sucks people in. His anchor can kills a very dangerous creature. Captain Dark Blue Yoshi has a different quote other than regular Yoshi's that says "Yoshi!" which CDBY's quote is "Ahoyoshi!". He can turn the lava to water by throwing his water but it's very limited as he only have 6 bucket of water.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #10by Eri7 » 25 Feb 2017, 14:19

Very gud yoshi for water levels and Castles!

Name:Tremp Yoshi
Looks:Orange Yoshi with fabulous golden hair like Duneld Tremp
Powers:It can build a wall , very effective against mexicans , his father will give you a small loan of million dollars and you can summon a Chinese guy who can win against a Japanese guy because duneld tremp very op.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #11by the GaMERDoG » 14 Mar 2017, 6:31

One word: Crazy.

Name: Yoshirby
Looks: A non-Yarn Yoshi with a Kirby Pattern.
Powers: He acts like Sm4sh's Kirby, but the neutral special move is binded to the run key, and the down taunt is binded to the alt run key.
* (Taking off when the russians become isolated from outer internet.)

ImageImageImage

Check out my Artwork Train!

Emoji wars: Team Doghouse
skpr ( :tux: 1)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/5at/5sp/arm=none/wep=orders/maxhp=100
kowalski ( :tux: 2)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/3at/5sp/arm=none/wep=brain/maxhp=100
rico ( :tux: 3)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/7df/7at/5sp/arm=none/wep=mouth/maxhp=100
pvt ( :tux: 4)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/3df/1at/5sp/arm=none/wep=cuteness/maxhp=100
lighthouse64 ( :warning: )/elempow=sound/atktype=ranged/5df/8at/7sp/arm=none/wep=mic/maxhp=100

MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #12by MidoriNeko » 14 Mar 2017, 16:17

Souds like a really fun Yoshi! :)
Name: Catyoshi
Looks: One kawaii green Yoshi with furry paws, big eyes and ears, sharp claws and long fluffy tail!
Spoiler
Powers: He poops eggs with green paw prints on it, he posts cat memes everywhere and scratch the faces of his enemies! Also he fascinates the others with his cuteness!
Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord

Post #13by PK Esper » 14 Mar 2017, 17:14

Awww what a cute Yoshi <3

Name: Superstar Yoshi
Looks: Yoshi has a cape like Super Baby Mario/Cape Mario. His color is red.
Abilities: Superstar Yoshi is capable of running on the wall. His cape can be used for gliding in the air like Cape Mario does. While he is in the air and gliding, he cannot hover but he can while he is not gliding. While he floats slowly(like Raccoon Mario/Cape Mario does), he can hover jump. He'll spin with his cape even in the air too!
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
I hate most people.
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #14by the GaMERDoG » 14 Mar 2017, 19:29

A very complicated Yoshi for a very complicated level.

Name: Yoshonic
Looks: A non-yarn Yoshi with a Sonic pattern.
Powers: He can spin-dash (down+jump), super peel-out (up+jump), boost (alt run) and spinjump (jump).

ImageImageImage

skpr ( :tux: 1)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/5at/5sp/arm=none/wep=orders/maxhp=100
kowalski ( :tux: 2)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/3at/5sp/arm=none/wep=brain/maxhp=100
rico ( :tux: 3)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/7df/7at/5sp/arm=none/wep=mouth/maxhp=100
pvt ( :tux: 4)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/3df/1at/5sp/arm=none/wep=cuteness/maxhp=100
lighthouse64 ( :warning: )/elempow=sound/atktype=ranged/5df/8at/7sp/arm=none/wep=mic/maxhp=100

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord

Post #15by PK Esper » 24 Apr 2017, 9:50

Yoshonic sure has a similar ability to Super Baby Mario and Sonic. (Because why I mentioned Baby Mario in there, because he can climb on the wall)

Name: LakiYoshi
Appearance (Looks) : The Yoshi is yellow, has a two piece of hair and has a green shell-like that can sit (What is it called btw?) . LakiYoshi also has a cloud. Making all of these appearance looks similar to the Lakitu. His egg has a spike, don't worry as LakiYoshi is immune to spike.
Superpower (Ability) : At first, LakiYoshi do not have a cloud when he wasn't being ride by the player. When being ride, LakiYoshi spawns a cloud over his foot. As of that, LakiYoshi can fly for unlimited seconds. The reason why it's unlimited is to make his appearance similar to Lakitu, instead of the player itself riding on the cloud and fly for a few seconds. LakiYoshi's spiky-egg can damage the enemies and even the strong one but his spiky-egg cannot be used for sky enemies (EG Lakitu, Paratroopa) unless the player is on top of it especially for Lakitu which it can follow the player.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
I hate most people.

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #16by the GaMERDoG » 24 Apr 2017, 11:24

I think the spiky-egg has the same behaviour as the Shadow Blade.

Name: Prof. Yooshter
Looks: A green Yoshi that has wings and wears E. Gadd's outfit.
Powers: His wings act like Cave Story's Booster v2.0. In addition, he can charge his Spur with Alt-Run key.

ImageImageImage

MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #17by MidoriNeko » 24 Apr 2017, 13:56

Name: Yoshi
A green creature living in Dinosaur Land and a faithful friend of Mario and Luigi. It has long tongue, with which he cat eat his enemies.

BAM the best Yoshi ever
Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #18by the GaMERDoG » 25 Apr 2017, 4:11

WTF?

Name: Yoshi Kong
Looks: A double-sized non-yarn Yoshi with a Donkey Kong pattern.
Powers: He plays like Mega Mario/Luigi/Toad but has the same powers as the black Yoshi, except the flames are replaced with 64x64 barrels, he can eat brick/question/used/hard blocks now instead of being limited to grab blocks which are now instantly edible and after he eats 20 blocks/NPCs, he charges his Final Smash which is a rideable SMB3 tank. The tank controls like Landmaster, except it lasts for 20 seconds.

ImageImageImage

thehelmetguy1 M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
thehelmetguy1 M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #19by thehelmetguy1 » 26 Apr 2017, 2:46

Nice concept up there! I like the idea of a final smash and spitting barrels.

Name: Tribal Leader Yoshi
Looks: A green yoshi with some war paint on the face, and a feather crown. Also has a bag that holds spears in its back.
Powers: Has the properties of a black yoshi, and can throw spears at any direction as well. Is able to rush with a spear. When it eats a shell, instead of spitting it, the yoshi can give a special property for its spears for fifteen seconds. Green shell gives nothing, red shell makes the spears do splash damage, and leave a small flame where it lands for three seconds, yellow shell enables the Spears to destroy some types of blocks and create a small shockwave with a small range where it lands, and blue shell makes the spears two times faster and enables them to penetrate through enemies. Every time the tribal leader finds a fellow yoshi, it will start following the tribal leader yoshi, attacking enemies along the way.

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #20by the GaMERDoG » 26 Apr 2017, 16:04

Let me see... "Every time the tribal leader finds a fellow yoshi, it will start following the tribal leader yoshi, attacking enemies along the way." Good follower concept!

Name: Yoshpyrus
Looks: A white Yoshi that wears a red scarf, red shoes and red gloves.
Powers: He has black Yoshi's powers, except now the flames are replaced with bones. Also, when he eats a non-grab block throwable, he spits Annoying Dogs out. The Annoying Dogs behave like Search Snakes, except they absorb the NPC instead of exploding on collision with that NPC (happens in case it's an explosive NPC, a POW block tremor or even a thrown veggie).

ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum Games”