The forum looks like desert...

Description: Share anything in relation to wohlsoft.ru. Suggestions, problems, questions, etc.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

delete this account
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
delete this account
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #1by delete this account » 12 Dec 2016, 0:33

For me, it take 1 day to have at least 1 or 2 new posts or threads... it wasn't before. What happened? :boredom:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 12 Dec 2016, 1:18

Just need to invite here more people :yes: and provide them more interesting stuff than just regular thematic discussion stuff :jester: .

Most users are sitting in the chats like Discord and IRC :gamer: , and forums usually used for reading of exists stuff :reading: (looking for answers of already answered and solved questions) and having ability of more organized way to have a bigger chance make question which will be replied with big probability :letter: (while in the chat you is offline and someone was left a question for you in it, is a lot of probability you will miss it).

Also because PGE Engine (which a main heart of PGE Project) still be in alpha-state and can't provide right full-featured game-play, and people are wanted for ready-for-using product and few people interested to test Alphas and Betas. Therefore there are still sit on legacy stuff.

How I already told in the chat today, PGE itself is wider than just SMBX, and can be used for creating any game from scratch (which possible to make with current API of PGE Engine and config packs), since PGE is targeted be more flexible and just be a game engine of common usage, targeted to games of platform genre. (at same time I don't go be like Game Maker or be like Clickteam Fusion which are trying to be "engines for everything". PGE is focused to be 2D scrolling platform. But sub-genre branch can be implemented as shooter, RPG, linear action, quest, etc. and dependent on lua programs you will make in your config pack).

Most of people who are primary in the SMBX Community, are also here sometimes. PGE is cooperating with SMBX community and going be successor of abounded SMBX Engine 1.3 which still be in use, and people using PGE Editor as alternate for embedded SMBX editor because PGE Editor avoid lot of bugs in old editor and provides much more convenient interface and features set for editing and designing. The question still be not solved until PGE Engine will be completely implemented and released.

However, how I told, here is need to provide some stuff to let people be more interested in this place

Return to “WohlSoft.ru”