I present a small game based on the TheXTech engine with the A2XT content pack made by the Talkhaus community (visit their forum here http://talkhaus.raocow.com).
It's a remix of old SMBX episodes such as "The Invasion 1", brought to the A2XT universe!
- About characters if you're not familiar with them
Demo, an armless cycloptic demon, alien minion, and command center operator.
Demo's sister Iris, with her pet llamas. She likes to call them Catnips.
Kood, a high-ranking intergalactic freedom fighter.
Demo's Earth friend Samuel, or Raocow, as we like to call him.
Sheath - an energetic teenager with a small brain and even smaller attention span.
- Some screenshots
For Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10+):
- Downloads for Windows
- - Download for 64-bit (modern platforms)
- Download for 32-bit (old platforms and 32-bit operating system installs)
- Download for ARM64 (for Windows-based tablets that use an ARM processor, or other compatible devices)
Note: To unpack 7z archives you need to use the 7-zip tool (it's free!). For ARM devices try this version of 7-zip.
For macOS (10.11 is minimal, if not works even on 10.11, report me please. The AppleSilicon version requires the macOS 11.0):
- Downloads for macOS
- - Download DMG image, universal for both Intel and Apple Silicon
Note: because of macOS specifics, using the game here is different than other systems: after install, running a game,
and then, to add your custom episodes, look into your home directory and find the "TheXTech Episodes" folder, the "worlds" and "battle" inside is for your own stuff!
To replace default media, look inside the bundle and find the "Content/Resources/assets" folder!
Caution 1: bundle is unsigned, make sure you know how to deal with a Gatekeeper to make able to use this! On Catalina it may not start the first time after Gatekeeper's question, try to run the game again!
Caution 2: On Apple Silicon (M1) devices, you will need to run the xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine "Super Mario Bros. X.app" from your terminal at the applications directory to get the game work.
For Linux distros (x86_64 and i386):
- Downloads for Linux
- Portable archives
There are static portable builds that should work almost everywhere. If you run a different Linux distro than Ubuntu, you may use the Ubuntu 16.04 version for the game. The confirmed work on the Debian 10, on the OpenSUSE, on the Fedora, on the CentOS. Also, the game could work on ArchLinux and Monjaro. If all builds won't work on your distro, feel free to report to me and try to compile the game from the sources to get it to work on your side. Right now there are x86_64 and 32-bit x86 builds that were made, ARM wasn't built by the CI yet (probably I'll try to set up the CI to produce such builds).
- Download for Generic Linux (built on Ubuntu 20.04) 64-bit, works also on Fedora and, possibly, on Arch and Monjaro. If it doesn't work, please try the Ubuntu 18 build.
- Download for Generic Linux (built on Ubuntu 18.04) 64-bit, works also on OpenSUSE. If it doesn't work, please try the Ubuntu 16 build.
- Download for Generic Linux (built on Ubuntu 16.04) 64-bit, works also on Debian 10+, CentOS 7+. If it doesn't work, please try to build the game from the source code.
- Download for Generic Linux (built on Ubuntu 16.04) 32-bit, works also on other 32-bit Linux systems.
Debian and Ubuntu-compatible packages
The game will be installed at system, default assets will appear at, and user directory for game saves, custom worlds, logs, screenshots will appear at
Code: Select all
/usr/share/games/thextech/aoddirectory on the first launch.
Code: Select all
- Download for Debian-like Linux (built on Ubuntu 20.04) 64-bit
- Download for Debian-like Linux (built on Ubuntu 18.04) 64-bit
- Download for Debian-like (built on Ubuntu 16.04) 64-bit
- Download for Debian-like Linux (built on Ubuntu 16.04) 32-bit
There is an AUR package, maintained by YidaozhanYa. The game will be installed at system, default assets will appear at /usr/share/games/thextech-aod, and user directory for game saves, custom worlds, logs, screenshots will appear at ~/.thextech-aod directory.
Code: Select all
yay -Sua --batchinstall thextech-adventuresofdemo
- Downloads for Android
- - Download for Android (Minimum version is 4.1)
Note: this is the plain runtime package that doesn't include any game assets. You should download the Adventures of Demo assets pack archive and unpack it into any convenient place. On the first run (or at the Settings), you should select the directory that contains your unpacked assets. That directory will serve the same as the SMBX game directory on the desktop versions. You can easily add more episodes to it by unpacking archives into the "worlds" directory in the same way as on desktop versions. At the Settings, you can switch between different game asset directories that allow you to play different games (such as "Adventures of Demo") by the same engine.
WebAssembly (Play game in the browser):
- Play Adventures of Demo in the browser NOW! (Note, the game may work slow from some places like China, please ask people for any local mirrors, or get the self-hosted version below).
- Download the Self-hosted version of the game if you want to upload the game copy on your WEB-server and make the game get better availability.
Note: Adding custom episodes and replacing default music/sounds/graphics require you to build the game from the sources with giving of your assets directory. You can find the detailed manual on how to build the web version of the game here.
Note: To create levels and episodes for this game, you can use the TheXTech SDK config pack. However, be sure it's not fully compatible with AoD due to configuration mismatching between several NPC in the game that may cause the glitchy appearance in the Moondust Editor. The AoD-compatible branch of this config pack will come soon!
Enjoy the game!