Posts by Wohlstand

by Wohlstand
11 Jan 2020, 15:57
Forum: Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)
Topic: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27
Replies: 837
Views: 661792

Re: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27

kivanavik wrote:не удивлюсь если автор этого поста из нашей Рашки
Он китаец, с ним я общаюсь иногда через QQ.

English
He is Chinese, sometimes I talking with him via QQ.
by Wohlstand
9 Jan 2020, 22:25
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.
Replies: 5
Views: 37

Re: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.

Okay, another question: in which format your custom GFX? If they are PNGs, you should use PNG2GIFs tool to make them be valid for vanilla SMBX 1.3. For SMBX-38A and SMBX2 that is not needed as they are supports PNG natively. Sorry for all the problems, but how do I open the PNG2GIF tool? Every time...
by Wohlstand
5 Jan 2020, 17:56
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.
Replies: 5
Views: 37

Re: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.

Okay, another question: in which format your custom GFX? If they are PNGs, you should use PNG2GIFs tool to make them be valid for vanilla SMBX 1.3. For SMBX-38A and SMBX2 that is not needed as they are supports PNG natively.
by Wohlstand
2 Jan 2020, 20:14
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.
Replies: 5
Views: 37

Re: Issue with SMBX (1.3) not recognising/loading custom gfx from a level folder.

Snowburger wrote:a file named "lvl" and a folder named "lvl"
I.e. a file is named as "lvl.lvl" and folder named as "lvl"? I may guess SMBX confused. Try to rename your level file into "meow.lvl" and folder into "meow" for a little test :catkiss:
by Wohlstand
2 Jan 2020, 2:48
Forum: Introductions
Topic: Hiya!
Replies: 4
Views: 22

Re: Hiya!

Welcome, Pomelo, nice meet with you :hi:
I hope, you'll find here a new friends, knowledge and more experience, good luck :)

P.S. Don't forget to read forum rules (it's an announcements sticky, it's a short ;-) )
by Wohlstand
2 Jan 2020, 1:33
Forum: Bug reports
Topic: "Small hitboxes" (1.3 hitboxes) minor problem [Fixed patch 27]
Replies: 1
Views: 74
  • 1

Re: "Small hitboxes" (1.3 hitboxes) minor problem [Fixed patch 27]

Wow! I was a very silly and I made an ugly workaround on PGE Engine side, why I didn't knew this before...? :comando: Anyway, I did a small research of SMBX engine just now from my side, and the safe zone edge is this (I guess, yeah, you right, it's 10px height of a safe zone): Снимок экрана_2020-01...
by Wohlstand
24 Dec 2019, 3:56
Forum: Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)
Topic: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27
Replies: 837
Views: 661792

Re: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27

Ever heard of ".zip"? this sucks - 7zip does MUCH better compression rate than ZIP. - The 7zip archiver (which is able to pack and unpack archives in this format) is a FOSS software (Free and OpenSource, you don't need to pay and it's legal) and it can be easily download and installed htt...
by Wohlstand
23 Dec 2019, 14:43
Forum: Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)
Topic: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27
Replies: 837
Views: 661792

Re: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27

Void-the-Bat wrote:God, this topic has gotten really toxic over the past few months. No wonder 38A doesn't talk much.
Do you think it's need to reload it? I mean, put this into archive and begkn new from scratch?
by Wohlstand
18 Dec 2019, 1:15
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: Strange NPCs
Replies: 1
Views: 17

Re: Strange NPCs

These are definitely not custom NPCs, and they remain consistent throughout the editor. Can anybody help me resume use of the standard NPCs from the Mario games? You are using A2XT config pack which gives a totally different items set. For Mario related stuff you probably need to install "SMBX...
by Wohlstand
17 Dec 2019, 16:03
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: PGE have false virus alert at Qihoo 360
Replies: 3
Views: 14

Re: PGE have false virus alert at Qihoo 360

Elf of H & L wrote:Current lab build
I guess, you can submit these EXEs into Quihoo as a false positive and let them confirm that they are safe.

Also give them a source code and explain that these EXEs are part of a FOSS project: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project
by Wohlstand
17 Dec 2019, 14:08
Forum: Troubleshooting
Topic: PGE have false virus alert at Qihoo 360
Replies: 3
Views: 14

Re: PGE have false virus alert at Qihoo 360

Elf of H & L wrote:pge_engine.exe and pge_musplay.exe detected virus in Qihoo 360, but these are false alerts.
Which builds? (is that happens with current Laboratory builds?)
by Wohlstand
12 Dec 2019, 2:16
Forum: General
Topic: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???
Replies: 6
Views: 46

Re: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???

Are you sure? I've been checking the PGE Update Checker dialog (the one you find from the Help menu in the editor) regularly, and both the Stable and Laboratory builds have been saying I have the latest version. The version I have is 0.3.2-dev, build date October 22nd 2019 Looks odd... The latest b...
by Wohlstand
10 Dec 2019, 17:25
Forum: General
Topic: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???
Replies: 6
Views: 46

Re: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???

I think this bug was in PGE a while ago and it got patched, but now ever since the other day it's been happening all the time. Also, by "ghost objects", I mean the thing you've currently selected will appear randomly on screen (but will disappear if you hover over it with another object, ...
by Wohlstand
26 Nov 2019, 19:18
Forum: General
Topic: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???
Replies: 6
Views: 46

Re: Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???

Because of these damned filter proxies in schools and university, I using a hacking trick to escape them. For example, I have set up R-Admin server on 995 port (which is intended to work with SSL-POP3) as one of ports are open. I have connected to my home server and worked on it out of these proxies...
by Wohlstand
26 Nov 2019, 19:07
Forum: Introductions
Topic: G'day!
Replies: 7
Views: 57

Re: G'day!

Hmm... Incomplete engine you say? That would explain the lack of tutorials... Are you aware of a completion date? If not, then I will continue to login and check... Here is no direct date of release, I dealing with my free time which I can't predict, but working in any time where I can. You can wat...
by Wohlstand
23 Nov 2019, 1:43
Forum: Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)
Topic: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27
Replies: 837
Views: 661792

Re: [Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 27

Stardown , did you disabled your audio driver? Do you have plugged headphones or speakers? Some stupid audio tools addons for driver (like Realtek AC97 control center, etc.) will make "no audio devices available" when you have no plugged speakers or headphones. You can configure it to kee...
by Wohlstand
18 Nov 2019, 0:40
Forum: Introductions
Topic: G'day!
Replies: 7
Views: 57

Re: G'day!

Two or three days back, where we live in Melbourne Victoria, it hailed during a rainstorm... Yet, in New South Wales and Queensland, they are experiencing severe bush fires. New South Wales has at least 300 separate bush fires more than 50 fires are out of control... Over 1,000 fire fighters are do...
by Wohlstand
12 Nov 2019, 17:39
Forum: Graphics
Topic: Cat amongst the pigeons....
Replies: 2
Views: 42

Re: Cat amongst the pigeons....

I use GIMP myself for everything, I using picker and pencil with Shift key together to do most of tricks. Windows users are using Paint.NET or a shitty MSPaint (which completely lacks a transparency). GIMP isn't so heavy, it's much lighter than most of other functional graphical editors.
by Wohlstand
12 Nov 2019, 0:27
Forum: Introductions
Topic: G'day!
Replies: 7
Views: 57

Re: G'day!

Australia is also a cool and interesting place, first off because of a wide and diverse fauna, include lots of interesting and beautiful animals and birds, and also because of snakes who are plane passengeers, crocodiles at the street after rain instead of homeless dogs, green wavy parrots instead o...
by Wohlstand
11 Nov 2019, 10:24
Forum: Introductions
Topic: G'day!
Replies: 7
Views: 57

Re: G'day!

Welcome! You wrote in 8:46 AM of my time zone :biggrin:
Yeah, there are people from different time zones and activity is oftenly at different time of day, except of cases when there are "owls" who don't sleep night :)

Go to advanced search