Welcome to the official Moondust Project Wiki! (also known as PGE Wiki)
Here you will find documentation, references, and guides related to the Moondust Project. This wiki also contains resources for some other projects like the SMBX game, LunaLua, SMBX2, SMBX-38A, and TheXTech.
We currently have 1,469 pages and 104 users who contribute. Feel free to help!
- Playable Character Calibrator
- LazyFix tool
- GIFs2PNG Converter
- PNG2GIFs Converter
- Music Player
Help & Support
- Building Moondust Project from sources - detailed manual on how to organize, compile and deploy Moondust Project from source code for all supported platforms
- Translating Moondust into other languages - explanation of how to translate Moondust Project components into other languages and contribute to the translation
- Moondust Editor tutorial - [WIP] Manual of Moondust Editor for newbies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ask your questions here
- GitHub Discussions
- Game Configuration Pack References - reference for configuration packages for Moondust Project
- Theme packs for the Moondust Editor - reference for a custom theme for Moondust Editor
- Episode structure - How to organize a complete playable episode
- Level structure - How to organize a single level with custom resources
TheXTech - it's a platform game engine written in C++, is a full port of source code of SMBX 1.3 which was originally written in Visual Basic 6. Created by Wohlstand after one month since original SMBX source code was been released for two purposes: providing a free and open-source, cross-platform, and accurate implementation of the SMBX Engine to allow playing of old levels and episodes, created for an original game, with the same behavior as the original game had; get a more convenient research model for a Moondust Engine development.
SDL Mixer X
LunaLUA and SMBX2
Super Mario Bros. X2 (also known as SMBX2, SMBX 2.0) is a collaborative, open-source project to improve and expand upon the original SMBX. SMBX2 was founded by Horikawa Otane.
- Official site for SMBX2 and the mirror
- SMBX2 Development Blog
- SMBX2 Handbook (Not available in China because of Google Docs, the alternative mirror is here).
Help & Support
LunaLUA - is an extension made by Kevsoft for the SMBX Game Engine which provides bug fixes, improvements, and the LUA scripting system. The extension is based on LunaDLL v8 SMBX Extension made by Kil. Now it's a core of SMBX2 project.
Help & Support
- LunaLua API Page - Official LunaLua Documentation (Note: May contain an outdated information)
Official support threads on the forums:
- LunaDLL Autocode - deprecated declarative scripting language, kept for backward compatibility reasons.
TeaScript - is an embedded script language for SMBX38A game. Here you can find documentation for it.
Standards and research
- File and Features standard
Vanilla SMBX Engine resources
These documents contain information researched against the vanilla Super Mario Bros. X engine and are necessary in order for implementing a level interpreter that supports and is compatible with, a significant amount of existing levels and episodes.