Welcome to the official Platformer Game Engine Wiki!
Important note: For temporary reasons we have disabled phpBB authentification integration because of some technical troubles. Therefore you can't login with using of existing phpBB nickname and password if you have never logged in wiki previously. If you already have logged in wiki previously, your existing nickname and password will still work. For others who never logged in wiki before this moment, please register a separate Wiki account by MediaWiki's register form to work with Wiki pages here.
We currently have 1,415 pages and 97 users who contribute. Feel free to help!
- Playable Character Calibrator
- LazyFix tool
- GIFs2PNG Converter
- PNG2GIFs Converter
- PGE Music Player
- PGE Maintainer
Help & Support
- Building PGE From sources - detailed manual how to organize, complie and deploy PGE Project from source code for all supported platforms
- Translating PGE into other languages - explanation how to translate PGE Project components into other language and contribute the translation
- PGE Editor tutorial - [WIP] Manual of PGE Editor for newbies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ask your questions here
- PGE Wishlist - add an idea or suggestion here!
- Game Configuration Pack References - reference for configuration packages for PGE Project
- Theme packs for the PGE editor - reference for custom theme for PGE Editor
- Episode structure - How to organize complete playable episode
- Level structure - How to organize a single level with custom resources
SDL Mixer X
LunaLUA and SMBX2
LunaLUA - is an extension made by Kevsoft for the SMBX Game Engine which provides bug-fixes, improvements and the LUA scripting system. The extension is based on LunaDLL v8 SMBX Extension made by Kil. Now it's a core of SMBX2 project.
Help & Support
- LunaLua API Page - Official LunaLua Documentation
Official support threads on the forums:
- PGE Forums thread
- Talkhaus thread
- SMBX Forums thread
- LunaLua Wishlist - add your idea or suggestion here!
- LunaDLL Autocode - deprecated declarative scripting language, kept for backward compatibility reasons.
TeaScript - is an embedded script language for SMBX38A game. Here you can find a documentation for it.
Standards and research
- File and Features standard
Legacy SMBX Engine resources
These documents contain information researched against the legacy engine, and are necessary in order for implementing a level interpreter that supports and is compatible with, a significant amount of existing levels and episodes.