IMPORTANTE: Esta pagina todavía esta en construcción, y puede estar un poco desordenada y contener secciones incompletas!
|Platform Game Engine project|
|Platforms:||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
|End of life:|
|State:||Actual (Editor, Calibrator and tools),|
Under construction (Engine)
Moondust Project (somewhat informally known as Platform Game Engine project, PGE, PGW, PlatGenWohl, Platformer Game Engine by Wohlstand) is a Free Open Source Software project that most prominently consists of a game engine and toolkit. A significant goal of the project is to make it easy for developers and game makers to create their own platform-genre games.
The project originally began after a lead developer's research and interest in the fan game engine, Super Mario Bros. X and is fully compatible with it. A significant concept that can be traced to be originating from this past, is the way the SMBX fan game allowed users to use their own existing media to create platform levels and episodes (however also containing both technical and gameplay restrictions as a mario fan game). The current logo of the project is a Gyro cat drawn by Wohlstand.
PGE Project was founded in March 2014 by Wohlstand after research work of SMBX game, started in middle of February 2014 year. The Project initially had the "PlatGenWohl" codename ("Platform Game engine by Wohlstand"), later the Project was renamed into "PGE Project" (a short of "Platform Game Engine"). Project was inspired by Super Mario Bros. X fan game found by Wohlstand aproximately in September of 2013.
- Engine providing games playback, testing and debug of levels with interprocess communications with editor.
- Editor is a main development kit which providing creation of levels and world maps for games.
- Playable character calibration tool providing flexible configuring and editing of playable character sprites.
- Maintainer providing a set of processing tools to convert musics, episode files, and fix up some of game data.
- MusicPlay is a simple music player for music testing. Can play looping musics and help verify them without starting of the game.
Additional console tools
- LazyFix tool is a tool that fixes "lazily-made masks" for the SMBX64 standard.
- GIFs2PNG Converter providing conversion of SMBX64 sprites into transparent PNG images which easier to edit and use.
- PNG2GIFs Converter providing opposite conversion of transparent PNG into SMBX64 masked GIF sprites which possible to use in old SMBX game engines.
Translation to other languages
The full list of translation contributors can be found on the Translating PGE into other languages page.
- https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=1147&p=7828 First Wohlstand's thread, archived copy at February 2015
- Official page
- Developement News forum thread
- PGE Project thread on the SMBX Forums
- PGE Project thread on the Talkhaus
- PGE Project thread on the NSMBX Forums
- Wohlstand's Youtube playlist in relation to the PGE Project
- bossedit8's Youtube playlist in relation to the PGE Project
|Super Mario Bros. X|
Super Mario Bros. X • SMBX64 Standard • LunaLua