Enable Screen Effects for Instant, Loop, and Entrance/Exit Warps

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #1by Void-the-Bat » 3 Dec 2019, 22:37

I've noticed the screen effects only work with pipe and door warps if they aren't a level entrance/exit warp. I think the remaining warp types should also be able to use screen effects. For Instant and Loop exit warps, I've noticed the player completely disappears when touching the warp before the level ends. This seems a little redundant, and the level should instantly end if the player touches those types of exit warps. If the Instant and Loop warps in general had a screen effect, then the screen should freeze as the effect takes place until the warping (including exit warps) is finished.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the scroll screen effect. It would be nice if there were extra options to determine where the camera moves during the scrolling, similar to the clear pipes.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”