(Repost) SMG Galaxy Spin, Life System, HUD and Ground Pound

Description: You made a script? Submit it here to show your creation to the public, share, take reviews, provision of the help and support is here!
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 4 Jul 2018, 2:11

Here are some showcase videos:
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budujCBMTHo

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syam97EuZCA

HOW TO INSTALL:
1- Download and install SMBX Magic Patcher.
2- Download this file.
3- Open SMBX Magic Patcher. In "Original Level" put the level which you want apply the scripts. In "Patch" put the patch (of course).

Done! you have it installed. :)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • If you are going to use this script you must configure all the pipe warps. I made an event called "warp" so please everytime you use a pipe warp in your level make it trigger this event, otherwise the game will crash.
  • Even when the script is made to support all the power-ups the graphics are not completed yet. You can edit the graphics by yourself and add more power-ups, I didn't got enough time to that.

Special thanks to Yoshi021 to make the Starbits collectable with the cursor and for helping me!

Added after 2 minutes 50 seconds:
Reposted since smbxuniverse forum is down. Also I'm making an update for this which fixes a lot of bugs and adds some new things!
[size=100][b]VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AcXEExdYtaydxcCVPSGoQ]LX XZIT[/url][/size]
[size=100]Join our 38A Discord server! [url= https://discord.gg/7hCmNBE]CLICK HERE[/url][/size]

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #2by the GaMERDoG » 4 Jul 2018, 6:25

Lx Xzit wrote:smbxuniverse forum is down
you finally noticed this How did you know?
#theofficialtextiverseguide is back to Multiplayer Piano, and is glad to see h2643 alive.

ImageImageImage

Check out my Artwork Train!

Emoji wars: Team Doghouse
skpr ( :tux: 1)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/5at/5sp/arm=none/wep=orders/maxhp=100
kowalski ( :tux: 2)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/3at/5sp/arm=none/wep=brain/maxhp=100
rico ( :tux: 3)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/7df/7at/5sp/arm=none/wep=mouth/maxhp=100
pvt ( :tux: 4)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/3df/1at/5sp/arm=none/wep=cuteness/maxhp=100
lighthouse64 ( :warning: )/elempow=sound/atktype=ranged/5df/8at/7sp/arm=none/wep=mic/maxhp=100

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 4 Jul 2018, 11:24

I made an announcement that smbxuniverse was going to be closed, there were a lot of spam bots and I felt like I don't wanted to keep it anymore. Once I did I forgot to update the links.

what's next in my plans is create a Discord server
[size=100][b]VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AcXEExdYtaydxcCVPSGoQ]LX XZIT[/url][/size]
[size=100]Join our 38A Discord server! [url= https://discord.gg/7hCmNBE]CLICK HERE[/url][/size]

CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen
CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #4by CodeX » 4 Jul 2018, 14:11

Lx Xzit wrote: Also I'm making an update for this which fixes a lot of bugs and adds some new things!
Your fixing the bugs ?! Yes!! :shout: :clapping:
I've been trying to fix some of the bugs in your ground pound script from day one
One major bug was that If the ground pound is interrupted at all it breaks all warps in the level so I really hope you find a way to fix this.

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #5by Lx Xzit » 4 Jul 2018, 22:45

I haven't give it a look yet, unfortunately I had to do it since I don't know a way to detect if the player is using a warp (was that or force the designer to use events on every single warp or the game would crash, that was fair worse). However I might find a way to do it.

Eri7 M
Count
Count
Eri7 M
Count
Count

Post #6by Eri7 » 5 Jul 2018, 0:44

Lx Xzit wrote:I made an announcement that smbxuniverse was going to be closed, there were a lot of spam bots and I felt like I don't wanted to keep it anymore. Once I did I forgot to update the links.

what's next in my plans is create a Discord server
As far as i remember , the announcement was made only in the spanish smbx facebook group.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

I support:

CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen
CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #7by CodeX » 6 Jul 2018, 15:15

Lx Xzit wrote: I don't know a way to detect if the player is using a warp (was that or force the designer to use events on every single warp or the game would crash, that was fair worse). However I might find a way to do it.

After some testing it seems that the "Player - Warping" auto event and having it trigger the event "Warp" works as I don't have to put the "warp" event on every warp.
I tried to test it with the "Player - Swimming" (as if you ground pound in water it will mess up every warp) but it does't work as it needs to be repeating to not ground pound in water.
One other note is that if you ground pound and then jump at the right frame just as your about to hit ground you cancel out the ground pound and as I said before
If the ground pound is interuped it makes all warps inaccessible in the level. Im still testing to see if I can fix this one.

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #8by Lx Xzit » 6 Jul 2018, 21:43

After some testing it seems that the "Player - Warping" auto event and having it trigger the event "Warp" works as I don't have to put the "warp" event on every warp.

I completely forgot about that eventl, it'll be a good solution!

I tried to test it with the "Player - Swimming" (as if you ground pound in water it will mess up every warp) but it does't work as it needs to be repeating to not ground pound in water.

Sorry for that, when I posted it I had to travel so I had to hurry. I didn't pay enough attention to the water colissions so I only could do a quick fix. I will definitely give a look at it, thanks for reporting.

One other note is that if you ground pound and then jump at the right frame just as your about to hit ground you cancel out the ground pound and as I said before If the ground pound is interuped it makes all warps inaccessible in the level. Im still testing to see if I can fix this one.

I was not aware of that bug, but unconsciously I fixed it. I made an improvement of the frames when it hits the ground, so there is more solid collision. I tried to reproduce the bug on my new version and it didn't happen, so I assume it's fixed. Anyway I'd like to hear some feedback once I release the next version to make sure everything works right. By the way, here's a little changelog of the things I have done so far:

Done:
  • Improved frames when hitting the ground
  • Small Mario now has custom frames styled Big-Mario (no more slide-slope graphics)
  • Fixed bugs with moving platforms (the player won't cross them anymore)
  • Fixed the frame when the player hits the ground (when it touched the floor sometimes the frame of the jump was shown)
  • Variables were moved to arrays, so you won't have a huge disorder of variables in your levels
  • SMG Spin Jump now works with all players (Tough, I only have graphics for Luigi so far)
  • Small Mario hitbox when hits the ground has been fixed, no more weird colissions.
  • Spin Jump and Ground Pound are in different folders now (when I upload the newer version I will offer three folders, one with ground pound only, other with spin jump and another with both).
  • Removed Mario's voices from sound effects. SMG Spin Jump now uses the normal tail-sfx.
  • Custom sounds doesn't require config anymore! you will no longer need to replace an existing sound effect.
  • Fixed a weird bug that would let the player move some pixels in the x-axis while it was floating (most noticeable with small mario)

To-do list:
  • Fix warping bugs
  • Add new variables to control the script:
    gpdisable: default value is 0. if set 1 the ground pound will be desactivated
    spdisable: default value is 0. if set 1 the spin jump of SMG will be desactivated
  • Make Ground Pound available with all characters (I got the "basic" frames for Luigi, Toad and Peach, though, I won't make sprites for all power-ups)
  • Fix Liquid collision (Quicksand and Water)
  • Add SMW and SMB1 blocks interactions too

Things I may do but I'm unsure:
  • Add a ground pound for Yoshi and its respective variable to control it}
  • Fix a little bug that happens when the player is running down a slope and the game doesn't properly recognize it's in a slope, which will cause a jump
  • Make a new timer which detects how long the player was without touching any block, if he hasn't touch a block for x seconds the ground pound will be desactivated

If there's a bug I which I'm not aware yet please tell me!
(By the way, this script won't work in SMBX 1.4.5 if 5438A38A delete the arrays, this and some others of my scripts)

CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen
CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #9by CodeX » 6 Jul 2018, 22:52

The Improvements look great! Can't wait for the release. :good:

Gearth-3000
Passerby
Passerby
Gearth-3000
Passerby
Passerby

Post #10by Gearth-3000 » 12 Aug 2018, 21:17

Hello,

I have a problem applying this patch.
I am not sure if it has already been explained, but after applying the steps described here, I get only half the patch running so to speak:

He does not seem to be adopting Mario's new graphic.

Can someone tell me why that is?

Regards
Gearth-3000

LuigiMario79 M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
LuigiMario79 M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #11by LuigiMario79 » 13 Aug 2018, 2:13

Gearth-3000 wrote:Hello,

I have a problem applying this patch.
I am not sure if it has already been explained, but after applying the steps described here, I get only half the patch running so to speak:

He does not seem to be adopting Mario's new graphic.

Can someone tell me why that is?

Regards
Gearth-3000
That's not a glitch. You just need this installed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerU0sxaNNc

Gearth-3000
Passerby
Passerby
Gearth-3000
Passerby
Passerby

Post #12by Gearth-3000 » 13 Aug 2018, 12:24

Hello, LuigiMario79,

Thanks a lot for this.

Regards
Gearth-3000

???
Citizen
Citizen
???
Citizen
Citizen

Post #13by ??? » 24 Aug 2018, 23:07

Hey, Lx Xzit, Do You Think You Can Make It So That The Ground-Pound Script Can Also Break SMW Blocks? Since I Never Actually Use SMB3 Blocks In Any Levels I Make.
Plus, Can You Add Support For More Powerups? I Have A Level That Involves The Penguin Suit, And This Level Has Some Custom Cracked Ice Blocks That Can Be Broken With The Ground-Pound.

Return to “Script submission”