setting.wls creating Runtime Error 6: Overflow

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Turret 3471 M
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #1by Turret 3471 » 24 Jun 2018, 0:28

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but I'm currently having trouble testing out certain levels for a future project. Apparently it has to do with the setting.wls file. Before testing the levels themselves, I decided to work on the world information, specifically using custom sound effects. I imported them, they all play fine, world file saves ok and a file named setting.wls is created. But when I decide to actually test a level, I get Runtime Error '6': Overflow, and then SMBX crashes. However, once I remove setting.wls from the world folder, I can test the levels perfectly, except now I don't have any custom sound effects. I haven't had any issues with this before, I've gotten custom sound effects to work in a couple other test projects, I just don't know why it's happening with this one. Again, testing the sound effects goes really well, I can compare the volume and quality between the default and custom sounds, they both play ok, but it's only when I test a level with the setting.wls file in the folder that I get the error. I've tried to see if it had to do with any graphics I used for a specific level theme, but that wasn't the case. I can tell it's the setting.wls file that's causing problems, and that there's something going on with custom sound effects within setting.wls that's making the program crash. Is there any easy way I can fix this, or would I have to redownload SMBX 1.4.4?

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #2by Yoshi021 » 24 Jun 2018, 2:19

I don't have experience with world maps, but do try reinstalling. The only other advice I have is to test levels without using the editor or apply the custom sound effect to each level.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #3by Turret 3471 » 25 Jun 2018, 19:35

Well, I've tried reinstalling it, no more Runtime Error, but it still causes SMBX to crash. I'll try making a new world file and apply custom sound effects one by one to see if any of them are the cause of crashing before attempting to apply them to each individual level.

Return to “Bug reports”