[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 23

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #141by Yave Yu » 17 Aug 2016, 4:08

Wohlstand wrote:Please send me those files, i'll check when I will come to home. That may be because two reasons: 1) when libModPlug detected corruption of that file, 2) it's not ImpulseTracker file, and contains data which doesn't supported by libModPlug (a library linked with SDL Mixer X to play lot of tracker music formats such as mod, it, xm, s3m, etc.)
EDIT: that file must be MOD, not IT (libModPlug is stupid to correctly identify MOD-file which usually has no magic number while IT has strict magic number). Just got MF myself and hacked that DLL and extracted music. At me it works fine (from PGE MusPlay utility). Try it yourself. Also be sure you have latest SDL Mixer X version (in latest patches has been included)
ktkm25.mod.7z

Okay, I think, I need to take better version of libModPlug library or take alternative (also used libMikMod, but it in some cases working buggy and crashfully - a reason I used libModPlug)
EDIT: I found better way to improve detection of this file format: just readed specification, and that possible to check at 0x438 offset (http://www.fileformat.info/format/mod/corion.htm)

As exit, I suggesting you to open your file in the http://openmpt.org/, and save it into TRUE ImpulseTracker format and then retry it
Here it is: DllAndIt.zip (I uploaded to mediafire because the size is more than 512KB.)
Also I tried rename .it to .mod, and it works fine. Thanks for reply and solution.
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #142by Wohlstand » 17 Aug 2016, 9:53

y479021776 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Please send me those files, i'll check when I will come to home. That may be because two reasons: 1) when libModPlug detected corruption of that file, 2) it's not ImpulseTracker file, and contains data which doesn't supported by libModPlug (a library linked with SDL Mixer X to play lot of tracker music formats such as mod, it, xm, s3m, etc.)
EDIT: that file must be MOD, not IT (libModPlug is stupid to correctly identify MOD-file which usually has no magic number while IT has strict magic number). Just got MF myself and hacked that DLL and extracted music. At me it works fine (from PGE MusPlay utility). Try it yourself. Also be sure you have latest SDL Mixer X version (in latest patches has been included)
ktkm25.mod.7z

Okay, I think, I need to take better version of libModPlug library or take alternative (also used libMikMod, but it in some cases working buggy and crashfully - a reason I used libModPlug)
EDIT: I found better way to improve detection of this file format: just readed specification, and that possible to check at 0x438 offset (http://www.fileformat.info/format/mod/corion.htm)

As exit, I suggesting you to open your file in the http://openmpt.org/, and save it into TRUE ImpulseTracker format and then retry it
Here it is: DllAndIt.zip (I uploaded to mediafire because the size is more than 512KB.)
Also I tried rename .it to .mod, and it works fine. Thanks for reply and solution.
Oh, seems I need to increase limit to 50 MB, that is not a trouble because my hosting plan allows unlimited space.
(But one restriction - forbidden a creation file share services, because even logical limit is absence, physical limit of hard drive (or RAID-array) on the server still be presented)
EDIT: I just expanded a limit for a files ;-)

9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Help with a antivirus!

Post #143by 9th_core » 17 Aug 2016, 15:41

When I download this game, after a second after launching it, BOOM. "Your antivirus has detected a virus." And it SAYS "smbx.exe" ??? Why??? [I am using AVG, don't judge me please]. So, is this really a virus or is just my AVG an idiot? :( I really hoped I could recreate "You have 10 seconds" (the game lol) in this game.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #144by Yoshi021 » 17 Aug 2016, 16:24

9th_core wrote:When I download this game, after a second after launching it, BOOM. "Your antivirus has detected a virus." And it SAYS "smbx.exe" ??? Why??? [I am using AVG, don't judge me please]. So, is this really a virus or is just my AVG an idiot? :( I really hoped I could recreate "You have 10 seconds" (the game lol) in this game.
Don't worry, the game is safe.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #145by Wohlstand » 17 Aug 2016, 17:18

Yoshi021 wrote:9th_core писал(а):
When I download this game, after a second after launching it, BOOM. "Your antivirus has detected a virus." And it SAYS "smbx.exe" ??? Why??? [I am using AVG, don't judge me please]. So, is this really a virus or is just my AVG an idiot? :( I really hoped I could recreate "You have 10 seconds" (the game lol) in this game.

PECompact and all similar features are sucks.... because widely used by virus creators which causing false alerts for apps which are safe, but packed (for example, proprietary software which requires a protection from reverse engining)
P.S. I fixed a very small error which caused inability detect that mod file correctly without file extension. The bug appears after attempt to detect mp3 and imf. I fixed that with reseting seek to initial position before feed libModPlug which automatically detects valid tracker music file format. Try please:
SDL2MixerVB.dll.7z
Fixed SDL Mixer X
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 94 times

All published archives I'v been updated

9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #146by 9th_core » 17 Aug 2016, 20:41

Wohlstand wrote:
Yoshi021 wrote:9th_core писал(а):

PECompact and all similar features are sucks.... because widely used by virus creators which causing false alerts for apps which are safe, but packed (for example, proprietary software which requires a protection from reverse engining)
P.S. I fixed a very small error which caused inability detect that mod file correctly without file extension. The bug appears after attempt to detect mp3 and imf. I fixed that with reseting seek to initial position before feed libModPlug which automatically detects valid tracker music file format. Try please:
SDL2MixerVB.dll.7z

All published archives I'v been updated

Then my AVG is an idiot. Thanks for telling me this! Now I can complete my dream of making "You have 10 seconds". Yay! :)

Added after 6 minutes 15 seconds:
Oh, and another stupid thing: Is there a feature when you go to another section of a level to set the timer back to 10?

Super Mario Player M
Duke
Duke
Super Mario Player M
Duke
Duke
Tencent QQ

Post #147by Super Mario Player » 17 Aug 2016, 22:10

You can try the following:
1- Create a script and paste the following in it:

Code: Select all

lvltimer(count)=lvltimer(count)+10

2- Create an event, go to the "Others" tab in the Event editor and select the script you've just created
3- Create a warp to another section and set the Warp Event to the event you've just created.
My current project:
Spoiler
The Legend of Zelda: The Curse of the Wise Men

The Tower of Challenges

Languages I speak (if you want to PM me):
Spoiler
Image Image Image

Click to see my YouTube channel

9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
9th_core
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #148by 9th_core » 18 Aug 2016, 8:00

Thanks! :)

Miytko
Passerby
Passerby
Miytko
Passerby
Passerby

Post #149by Miytko » 22 Aug 2016, 21:55

You have to disable antivirus to download, but once downloaded antivirus deletes the game launcher, is there a way to make so it doesnt detect as a virus?

DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #150by DuckSalmon » 25 Aug 2016, 15:26

I have ad-aware by lavalis and i have the same problem.
Disable AV before use it, and make a zip copy of the exe
File for have a secure backup.

DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #151by DuckSalmon » 31 Aug 2016, 22:38

Bug report
Xinputs doesn't work properly (works well in 1.3)
the arrow keys are not detected
other buttons are a bit mixed and confused

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #152by Wohlstand » 31 Aug 2016, 23:25

DuckSalmon wrote:Xinputs
Try reinstall DirectX 9

DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #153by DuckSalmon » 1 Sep 2016, 16:12

Wohlstand wrote:Try reinstall DirectX 9
You have tried the Xbox pad?
i used a gamesir pad but use the xinput same as an xbox controller

Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend
Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend

Post #154by Toy Bonnie » 4 Sep 2016, 2:02

Keep up the great work 5438A38A! :clapping:
Not :beta:
:whistle:
:windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :fox:

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #155by Yave Yu » 4 Sep 2016, 11:53

Wonderful!
New version released!
These new things looks interesting
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #156by Wohlstand » 4 Sep 2016, 12:26

y479021776 wrote:Wonderful!
New version released!
These new things looks interesting
Wait a sec, I'll update all public links
EDIT: All links are being updated!

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #157by Yoshi021 » 4 Sep 2016, 16:56

This looks amazing! :clapping: :dance:
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #158by Catskart » 4 Sep 2016, 16:58

It's a great version ! Thank you !

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #159by Lx Xzit » 4 Sep 2016, 20:53

OH MY GOD I'M HAVING A HEART HYPE ATTACK AYYY !!! This update is A -M -A -Z -I -N -G

EDIT: I can't access to the level that shows the new GFX expanded feature, I get this error: Runtime error 13 type mismatch:
Spoiler
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

5438A38A
Topic author, Developer
Developer
5438A38A
Topic author, Developer
Developer

Post #160by 5438A38A » 5 Sep 2016, 5:40

Lx Xzit wrote:OH MY GOD I'M HAVING A HEART HYPE ATTACK AYYY !!! This update is A -M -A -Z -I -N -G

EDIT: I can't access to the level that shows the new GFX expanded feature, I get this error: Runtime error 13 type mismatch:
Spoiler

Fixed, try patch 1.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”