[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 23

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #661by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 3 Mar 2019, 4:37

warne75 wrote:I can understand creator 38 and why he made that decision, and I clearly respect that. But that because of others, we can not enjoy super mario X v1.4.4 gives much rage.
While I will continue playing in other sites (https://myemulator.online/nds/mario-kart-ds).
I'll keep checking this thread, if there's any news.
Glad somebody can see it from my perspective. Doesn't mean it's right, but I could understand.

warne75 wrote:EI!!
Still no news on this subject? What a disappointment!
Okay, keep checking the thread, but you really shouldn't do that every time you check it. You also just made what you said 7 minutes before that a lie.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Bandit
Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Our friend
Our friend

Post #662by Bandit » 7 Apr 2019, 22:29

I do not want to press but if you abandon this project people will start using 2.0 and fewer and fewer will use this version. the best that could be would surprise the public with an update that reminds them that version 1.4 is worth it.

PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke
PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke

Post #663by PracticalUsername » 12 Apr 2019, 22:26

Bandit wrote:I do not want to press but if you abandon this project people will start using 2.0 and fewer and fewer will use this version. the best that could be would surprise the public with an update that reminds them that version 1.4 is worth it.
Yeah, this project is going to die if no activity is going on.
"I'll have another."-practicalshorty014

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #664by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 15 Apr 2019, 6:27

At this point in time, I agree. I believe that we should all move on from this big disaster and forget about it. I've learned this the hard way. If we were to move on, I believe everything would be alright as long as these sorts of hacking tools aren't created/updated anymore. You've achieved a lot with this version, 38A. You even got your own category dedicated to it on the forums here. Although I understand your feelings from a developer's point of view, you shouldn't let exploiters ruin what you've been building up to for the past few years. Despite the project being almost dead as of right now, I still use your version all the time. Even if it were to die, I'd still prefer it over the mess that's 2.0.

38A, I believe you should keep going with the engine you've created, as it has a lot of potential. I understand that updates and such can't always come out frequently, especially as of recently, but don't ever give up.

The rest of the community, please don't use anymore hacking tools to cheat your way to hidden features that most likely aren't even finished. If you had something like that and somebody decided to exploit it, you wouldn't be happy, right?

In my opinion, as long as these terms are met if it was given a try, it would work out for everybody in the end.

EmeraldMaster777 M
Our friend
Our friend
EmeraldMaster777 M
Our friend
Our friend
Website Twitter

Post #665by EmeraldMaster777 » 15 Apr 2019, 19:05

Hope you are doing fine, 5438A38A. :)
The Colorful Update: :)

DARK PACK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epbffmzwmfrwvza/AADBgoPu9GoWHhJzhJWOMaw9a?dl=0

EXTRAS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gi77jvb458wrxbe/AAAEhqooy9xCW_jf9Qo6fm8Oa?dl=0

EXTRAS 2: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vybp3b9ct7urudm/AAAFEQ3TSOc2JhFmJWv8JTt1a?dl=0

SMW Remastered Alpha 1.0 (Cancelled): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/77yv8chapzt2jog/AAD3tu3ka6u8-x7stbTOKDR0a?dl=0

Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend
Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend

Post #666by Toy Bonnie » 15 Apr 2019, 23:25

EmeraldMaster777 wrote:Hope you are doing fine, 5438A38A. :)
I agree
Not :beta:
:whistle:
:windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :fox:

TheFurryGamer34
Passerby
Passerby
TheFurryGamer34
Passerby
Passerby

Post #667by TheFurryGamer34 » 26 Apr 2019, 15:37

How do i fix the runtime error 9 during water?

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #668by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 27 Apr 2019, 4:10

TheFurryGamer34 wrote:How do i fix the runtime error 9 during water?
I don't think anybody has a real solution right now, sadly. It's very interesting how this just started to happen out of the blue to everybody, though.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #669by Lx Xzit » 27 Apr 2019, 21:40

Put any npc on the water field. Preferably make it friendly and invisible.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #670by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 27 Apr 2019, 22:09

Lx Xzit wrote:
Put any npc on the water field. Preferably make it friendly and invisible.
I think he's referring to the RTE that occurs when the player enters the water/custom water at all. It's been happening to me, as well. I've tried using no NPCs and just a water field, and yet it still happens.

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #671by Stardown » 5 May 2019, 6:12

Just PM'd 38A concerning the future of SMBX. Here's hoping he gets back to us.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #672by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 5 May 2019, 6:41

Stardown wrote:Just PM'd 38A concerning the future of SMBX. Here's hoping he gets back to us.
I've done the same a while back. I never got a response. As much as I really hope he comes back, I don't think he plans on it, sadly.

PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke
PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke

Post #673by PracticalUsername » 5 May 2019, 9:02

^Also hasn't been on here in about a year
"I'll have another."-practicalshorty014

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #674by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 5 May 2019, 18:42

I will always use your version over 2.0 regardless of if the project is dead. You've done an amazing job recreating the original, 38A.

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #675by Stardown » 7 May 2019, 12:44

I just realized that 38A flipped his wig as soon as Lx Xzit posted Haxagon. But seriously, why did he need punish his entire community? All he needed to do was ban the troublemakers.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #676by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 8 May 2019, 4:50

Stardown wrote:I just realized that 38A flipped his wig as soon as Lx Xzit posted Haxagon. But seriously, why did he need punish his entire community? All he needed to do was ban the troublemakers.
It's not that easy to just do that. 38A isn't even a moderator, for one, and Lx Xzit only "discovered" it when in reality KevSoft made it.

P-Switch
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
P-Switch
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #677by P-Switch » 12 May 2019, 16:37

I'm pretty sure at this point, SMBX-38A is just about dead. There's been no news from 38A (I'm pretty sure he hasn't even been on this site for over a year) about the next update. And, since the source code is staying closed, I'd say the only hope for this project's survival is that someone manages to decompile the code and release it.
EDIT: Why is everyone giving this bad reputation, I'm just saying the facts here. It's been so long since 38A's done anything, why even bother with him at this point?
Last edited by P-Switch on 19 May 2019, 0:24, edited 1 time in total.
Why are you looking at my signature, anyway? There's nothing of importance here.

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #678by Stardown » 14 May 2019, 22:29

Lx Xzit, do you have the source code for SMBX? Do you know if anyone besides 38A has it?

bowserman8 M
Citizen
Citizen
bowserman8 M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #679by bowserman8 » 14 May 2019, 23:16

rly hope 38a dosen't get canceled
coudnt put it in youtube box so : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCInGzncntPfLeQfPdfGeynw?view_as=subscriber
-bowserman8

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #680by Stardown » 17 May 2019, 4:57

I would decompile and release the game's code, except I don't know the first thing about decompiling .exe files.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”