Started with SMBX 1.3 and finished on SMBX 1.4.4 - I have been working on this (My First Project) for the past 2 years. It was an on and off again project for me. Could only edit levels when I found the time. But it's finally here and I am happy to share it with you all. I do not claim to be a super expert at level-making but I do think I was able to come up with something enjoyable enough to play. This is just a game I made for fun. Something I would like playing so I hope you like it too.
Without further a due, I give you Super Mario Castle Crisis.
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcrNvfMWtNA
PEOPLE PLAYING SMCC
My Official Playthrough: https://youtu.be/20FI5ANe1to?list=PLqE1H4KZn1WBcdZFY3q0hCkq35WflyRT5
Emerald LEGO Master: https://youtu.be/enDMxtjdJcE?list=PL6lSi6pXnx7xWqfMx6Ps41LTothkYbou4
Freakin Freak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcgwW4WeP4k
Супер Марио Крафт Майнкрафт: https://youtu.be/DEPL8MLT_F8?list=PLVz49r5brCELnThS8GEUgbOkSzaKvTVva
Cedrik LPle: https://youtu.be/btXXFMptfT0?list=PLyUu2Y3TQnS4SMdGmbmRToPhwRd1-t0I4 (German Commentary)
- - Feels like playing the classic games ranging from SMB 1,2,3 and SMW, SM64, NSMB.
- 9 Worlds.
- 38 Levels.
- 114 Stars to collect.
- Play as Luigi and Mario (Get all 114 stars to play as Toad and Princess and Bonus levels).
- Hub Style using the Castle like Mario64 (No world map).
Mushroom Kingdom never seems to have a day off as Bowser has once again kidnapped the Princess and taken over the Castle. If that was not enough, he trapped 114 Stars within the paintings. The only way for Mario and Luigi to save them all is to find all the Stars to open Bowsers painting. They will have to go through all 8 worlds filled with enemies of all kinds in order to save the day once more.
- I have been working on this game for ages. A lot of graphics that I used, I either forgot about the artist, forgot to note it down or lost track of the info. So if you know about any of the graphics that you see, please let me know and provide a link to the source for proof if possible. I will then gladly add the name to the credits.
- 5438A38A (For the awesome engine)
- Gaming Roach Entertainment
- Lx Xzit
- Squishy Rex
- I know I am missing some (view note above)
- To report a bug, simply reply to this thread or PM me. I will do my best to fix.
Please describe the bug as best as you can (include video and/or screenshots if possible).
- Known Bugs that I cannot fix -
1. If you cross a checkpoint, finish the level and come back in the same level, even if you finished it, it will start you at the checkpoint anyway. To fix this,
save your game and exit to the main menu. Come back in the game and go back to level and it will start at the beginning. This is a bug with the engine.
- Known Bugs that I will fix in Version 1.3 -
- None Yet
- September 6, 2017
- - Can now spin jump on Podoboo.
- Level 4-3: Added missing blocks.
- Can now shoot a Magikoopa with Fireball or Hammer.
- Fixed Spikey's Graphic in Final Bowser Level.
- Fixed Propeller Luigi showing 1 white pixel at the side of his head.
- New Custom Hud much nicer and more modern (view new screenshots).
- Removed "Score" on the HUD, pointless.
- Scores now work in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1UP (Custom Number Graphics).
- Added new Coins Graphics (Red, Blue and Regular).
- Powerups will now go through Enemies.
- Moved some blocks in Level 8-1 (Ghost house).
- Yoshi can now eat All Coins, Star Coins, Fireballs and Hammers.
- Added NSMB type POW block. Instead of regular SMB2 POW.
- Changed Mario/Luigi Death Graphic
August 5, 2017
- Version 1.1 is released.
(W2-1) EXIT Door at the start of the level now acts like a door and not a pipe.
(W3-3) Fixed the Red Coins Challenge so it now works properly.
August 1, 2017
- - Version 1.0 is released.
- You will need to play this game using only my files (complete SMBX-38A 1.4.4 core files) as I have edited some of the core files that will affect your experience without them. Simply download, extract to desktop, launch and play.
Version 1.2 (Updated September 6, 2017): https://puu.sh/xsYjG/372de5cb4b.zip
1. DOWNLOAD - (DO NOT MERGE WITH YOUR ORIGINAL SMBX "WORLD" FOLDER).
2. EXTRACT THE "SUPER MARIO CASTLE CRISIS" FOLDER ONTO YOUR DESKTOP.
3. OPEN THE FOLDER AND CLICK ON SMBX.EXE.
4. PLAY THE GAME WITH CUSTOM SOUND FILES AND MORE.