Unremoveable BGOS (Patch 2)

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Koopsakimoto M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Koopsakimoto M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Google+ YouTube

Post #1by Koopsakimoto » 17 Apr 2017, 5:29

I was using Patch 2 and when I placed a BGO, It wouldn't let me remove it! Here's a gif for evidence

This works with every BGO BTW, I tested it.
[url=https://nick-name.ru/nickname/id1350650/][img]https://nick-name.ru/forumt7/Koops.gif[/img][/url]

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #2by PK Esper » 17 Apr 2017, 5:35

Oh my, that glitch is probably painful to remove it.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Koopsakimoto M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Koopsakimoto M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Google+ YouTube

Post #3by Koopsakimoto » 17 Apr 2017, 5:58

What's even worse is that even if you to reload the level, it still doesn't work! looks like I'll have to restart SMBX
[url=https://nick-name.ru/nickname/id1350650/][img]https://nick-name.ru/forumt7/Koops.gif[/img][/url]

Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis
Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis

Post #4by Mushroom King » 17 Apr 2017, 13:39

A way to deal with the bug without quitting the editor is to load another level before reloading again the level you're working on. But yeah, this bug is annoying.

5438A38A
Developer
Developer
5438A38A
Developer
Developer

Post #5by 5438A38A » 17 Apr 2017, 17:57

So all of you treat a feature as a bug...
You didn't try to understand the function of editor toolbar's buttons and disabled bgo's selecting function unintentional and think it is a bug, so if you can't prove it is really a bug, one more important function will be hidden in next new version.

Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #6by Ruben TM » 17 Apr 2017, 18:23

5438A38A wrote:So all of you treat a feature as a bug...
You didn't try to understand the function of editor toolbar's buttons and disabled bgo's selecting function unintentional and think it is a bug, so if you can't prove it is really a bug, one more important function will be hidden in next new version.

At least you're paying attention at the Troubleshooting sector now...

Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis
Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis

Post #7by Mushroom King » 17 Apr 2017, 19:47

Even if 5438A38A rarely post doesn't mean he ignore people reporting bugs. And the fact he fixed most of the ones reported before with the last update is proof of it.

Well, I actually had this bug happening as well with NPC or Block. I can move and erase when making a level but suddenly, I can't no more for no reason. I was thinking Koopsakimoto had the same problem but it seems it's not.

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #8by Eri7 » 17 Apr 2017, 20:47

Mushroom King wrote:Even if 5438A38A rarely post doesn't mean he ignore people reporting bugs. And the fact he fixed most of the ones reported before with the last update is proof of it.

Well, I actually had this bug happening as well with NPC or Block. I can move and erase when making a level but suddenly, I can't no more for no reason. I was thinking Koopsakimoto had the same problem but it seems it's not.
I think the problem that you guys experence is the 4 buttons at the left that have letters , they are on top of the square with squares in it, some of the buttons if they are not clicked they don't let you do certain things like to erase stuff.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

SmokeyTheBandicoot
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
SmokeyTheBandicoot
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #9by SmokeyTheBandicoot » 28 Apr 2017, 9:47

I consider the four buttons on the right a very useful feature which I use quite a bit extensively.

However, people which never used them may not understand what is going on when you can't remove a tile or a BGO

What I am suggesting is a better way to highlight the four buttons, maybe turning to red color when one of them is disabled and adding a little tooltip on top

This way, when someone cannot erase an object and can't understand why, he will likely notice the red button on the left. He hovers with the mouse cursor and a cool red tooltip shows up: "BGO editing disabled. Click to toggle". Here we go, he clicks on the button, and he will learn one more thing about SMBX-38A

Return to “Bug reports”