I present a small game based on the X-Tech engine with the A2XT content pack made by the Talkhaus community (visit their forum here http://talkhaus.raocow.com).
It's a remix of old SMBX episodes such as "The Invasion 1", brought to the A2XT universe!
- About characters if you're not familiar with them
Demo, an armless cycloptic demon, alien minion, and command center operator.
Demo's sister Iris, with her pet llamas. She likes to call them Catnips.
Kood, a high-ranking intergalactic freedom fighter.
Demo's Earth friend Samuel, or Raocow, as we like to call him.
Sheath - an energetic teenager with a small brain and even smaller attention span.
- Some screenshots
For Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10+):
- Download for 64-bit (modern platforms)
- Download for 32-bit (old platforms and 32-bit operating system installs)
- Download for ARM64 (for Windows-based tablets that use ARM processor, or other compatible devices)
Note: To unpack 7z archives you need to use the 7-zip tool (it's free!). For ARM devices try this version of 7-zip.
For macOS (10.11 is minimal, if not works even on 10.11, report me please. AppleSilicon version requires the macOS 11.0.):
- Download DMG image, universal for both Intel and Apple Silicon
Note: because of macOS specifics, using the game here is different than other systems: after install, run a game,
and then, to add your custom episodes, look into your home directory and find the "TheXTech Episodes" folder, the "worlds" and "battle" inside is for your own stuff!
To replace default media, look inside the bundle and find the "Content/Resources/assets" folder!
Caution 1: bundle is unsigned, make sure you know how to deal with a Gatekeeper to make able to use this! On Catalina it may not start the first time after Gatekeeper's question, try to run the game again!
Caution 2: On Apple Silicon (M1) devices, you will need to run the xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine "Adventures of Demo.app" from your terminal at the applications directory to get the game work.
For Linux distros (x86_64):
- Download for Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit and compatible
- Download for Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit and compatible
- Download for Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit and compatible
- Download for Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit and compatible
Note: There are static portable builds that should work almost everywhere. If you run a different Linux distro than Ubuntu, you may use the Ubuntu 16.04 version for the game. The confirmed work on the Debian 10, on the OpenSUSE, on the Fedora, on the CentOS. Also, the game could work on ArchLinux and Monjaro. If all builds won't work on your distro, feel free to report me that and try to compile the game from the sources to get it to work on your side. Right now there are x86_64 and 32-bit x86 builds that were made, ARM wasn't built by the CI yet (probably I'll try to set up the CI to produce such builds).
- Download for Android (Minimum version is 4.1)
Note: this is the plain TheXTech runtime package that doesn't include any game assets. You should download the Adventures of Demo assets pack archive and unpack it into any convenient place. On the first run (or at the Settings), you should select the directory that contains your unpacked assets. That directory will serve the same as the SMBX game directory on the desktop versions. You can easily add more episodes to it by unpacking archives into the "worlds" directory in the same way as on desktop versions. At Settings, you can switch between different game asset directories that allow you to play different games by the same engine.
WebAssembly (Play game in the browser):
- Play Adventures of Demo in the browser NOW! (Note, the game may work slow from some places like China, please ask people for any local mirrors, or get the self-hosted version below).
- Download the Self-hosted version of the game if you want to upload the game copy on your WEB-server and make the game get better availability.
Note: Adding custom episodes and replace default music/sounds/graphics requires you building the game from the sources with giving of your assets directory. You can find the detailed manual on how to build the web version of the game here.
Config pack for PGE Devkit comming soon
Enjoy the game!