Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators, SMBX2

Olhi
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Olhi
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #1by Olhi » 7 Apr 2020, 9:55

Greetings. I played SMBX2b4 on Linux Mint 19.3 using Wine Staging 5.5 and ran into a major and a minor issue.

The major issue is that when attempting to use Teleportation Pipes, such as those found in the World Maps of "Super RMN All-Stars" and "Yoshi's Archipelago", the following happens:

https://streamable.com/y1092l

This does not occur on version 1.3.0.1.

The minor issue, also shown in the video, is that the game displays the "Controller Battery Empty" message, even though I use a wired Xinput controller.

Running the game via lutris-5.5-2-x86_64 solved neither of these.

EDIT: The Pipe Error only happens when using the controller. Entering with the Z key works fine.

Rednaxela
Forum admin
Forum admin
Rednaxela
Forum admin
Forum admin

Post #2by Rednaxela » 8 Apr 2020, 4:23

Thanks for reporting this issue. Turns out the pipe error when using the controller was caused by an accidental "1 frame" delay of controller input, though in the case of an overworld pipe it's extra-noticeable because it made it seem held for 1 frame after the teleport, triggering a re-teleport (SMBX triggers a re-teleport in the overworld if the key/button is held, even in SMBX 1.3). This 1 frame delay bug is set to be fixed in the upcoming patch 2.

Regarding the "Controller Battery Empty" message, I'm not sure what could be done about this. If it is reporting that message, then it means the XInput interface is telling the game that the controller battery is empty. A wired state is distinguished normally. This is likely either a problem with Wine or with your controller. I could perhaps add a configuration option to disable controller battery reporting.
EDIT: Patch 2 will include an option in the luna.ini config file to force disable controller battery reporting.

Return to “SMBX2 Troubleshooting”