Stardown
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Stardown
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Website

Post #1by Stardown » 29 Jun 2020, 23:39

I tested to see if I can have Snake Blocks move back and forth like some of them do in New Super Mario Bros. 2, which is when I ran into a possible bug.

When the front of the Snake Block, set to Create, moves right and makes contact with the left arrow, its property changes to Eat. Making contact with the right arrow sets it to Create again. The same thing happens with the back of the Snake Block. This means there are gaps that open and close in the Snake Block, instead of it smoothly moving left and right.

This can be replicated by placing a Snake Block, say, about five blocks long, and placing a right arrow at the back of the Snake Block, and a left arrow a few blocks ahead of it.

I don't think that back-and-forth movements were their intended purpose, but I just wanted to see if it could be done.

EDIT: I just realized the day after posting this that this may not actually be a bug at all, but the issue still persists if I want to have a shorter Snake Block move back and forth over a longer distance.

Return to “Troubleshooting”