Super Mario Bros. 3 : Extended GFX Pack

Description: Place for graphics that are ready to be used in SMBX-38A. You can also post them here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

ZackExe M
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
ZackExe M
Nice citizen

Post #1by ZackExe » 24 Aug 2017, 5:43

:)

Void
Bat
Bat
Void
Bat
Bat

Post #2by Void » 25 Aug 2017, 5:26

Dude, you literally just copied the files over, created a level in location of copied files, loaded said level so the game would AUTOMATICALLY convert the GIFs to PNG, and rearranged some of the image's locations! You didn't even make a proper tileset file out of them, as the one provided is only supported with PGE!
Join the SMBX 38a Discord Server!

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles

ZackExe M
Nice citizen
ZackExe M
Nice citizen

Post #3by ZackExe » 26 Aug 2017, 0:25

EXEcutor wrote:Dude, you literally just copied the files over, created a level in location of copied files, loaded said level so the game would AUTOMATICALLY convert the GIFs to PNG, and rearranged some of the image's locations! You didn't even make a proper tileset file out of them, as the one provided is only supported with PGE!

Yeah, what is the problem.

"Credits:

To Nintendo, for the original graphics from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "Sonikku", for a spritesheet-rip of the original tiles from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "Arima", for for a spritesheet-rip of the original NPCs from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "Crapcom", for a spritesheet-rip of the original level backgrounds from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "h2643", for a spritesheet with subcon frames from the ending scene from "Super Mario Bros. 2"

Special note:
Every graphic, reaching from any original tile to most NPCs, are edited by me to remove cutoff, errors, or
to make them of easier use together. Also, most of the GFX in this pack are fully custom-drawn by me
(about 80% of the content in this GFX-pack).
So please give credit to me if you use any of them, as it took me literally months to do all this work.
It is not hard to do so, right ^^?"

Look at the bold part.
I Just converted it to PNG, theres no reason for bad rep.

Added after 19 minutes 28 seconds:
EXEcutor wrote:Dude, you literally just copied the files over, created a level in location of copied files, loaded said level so the game would AUTOMATICALLY convert the GIFs to PNG, and rearranged some of the image's locations! You didn't even make a proper tileset file out of them, as the one provided is only supported with PGE!

And go use PGE.
beacuse SMBx 1.3.3 has a config, you don't need to make the a entire episode in PGE, you just need make level structure in PGE.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #4by Yoshi021 » 26 Aug 2017, 0:52

There is no 1.3.3, and what do you mean by ou don't need to make the a entire episode in PGE, you just need make level structure in PGE.?
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

ZackExe M
Nice citizen
ZackExe M
Nice citizen

Post #5by ZackExe » 26 Aug 2017, 1:16

Yoshi021 wrote:There is no 1.3.3, and what do you mean by ou don't need to make the a entire episode in PGE, you just need make level structure in PGE.?

http://wohlsoft.ru/config_packs/pack_info.php?pack=SMBXby38A/

And you just place the tiles in PGE, and you add blocks, enemies and items in SMBx 1.4 editor.

KesterTank
Non Grata
Non Grata
KesterTank
Non Grata
Non Grata

Post #6by KesterTank » 26 Aug 2017, 19:40

There some issues in some users that they can't convert custom gfx gif to png, I had this problem with this on older smbx 38A version.
this why you can see a lot of "Lx xzit" wannabe in YT.

Void
Bat
Bat
Void
Bat
Bat

Post #7by Void » 26 Aug 2017, 21:52

ZackExe wrote:

"Credits:

To "Sonikku", for a spritesheet-rip of the original tiles from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "Arima", for for a spritesheet-rip of the original NPCs from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "Crapcom", for a spritesheet-rip of the original level backgrounds from "Super Mario Bros. 2"
To "h2643", for a spritesheet with subcon frames from the ending scene from "Super Mario Bros. 2"

Special note:
Every graphic, reaching from any original tile to most NPCs, are edited by me to remove cutoff, errors, or
to make them of easier use together. Also, most of the GFX in this pack are fully custom-drawn by me
So please give credit to me if you use any of them, as it took me literally months to do all this work.

Look at the bold part.

And go use PGE.
beacuse SMBx 1.3.3 has a config, you don't need to make the a entire episode in PGE, you just need make level structure in PGE.
Why should we give credit to you for something that would literally only take 15 minutes, while said thing not even made/edited by you?
Join the SMBX 38a Discord Server!

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles

ZackExe M
Nice citizen
ZackExe M
Nice citizen

Post #8by ZackExe » 29 Aug 2017, 3:42

EXEcutor wrote:
ZackExe wrote:

"Credits:

Special note:

Look at the bold part.

And go use PGE.
Why should we give credit to you for something that would literally only take 15 minutes, while said thing not even made/edited by you?

*I didn't say you need give credit to me.*

MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
Website Twitter

Post #9by MACKACHE » 29 Aug 2017, 14:33

Not gonna put a giant quote on my post anyways,
EXEcutor wrote:Why should we give credit to you for something that would literally only take 15 minutes, while said thing not even made/edited by you?
It was an original note by Sednaiur so that's why he copy paste it.
ImageImage

FakeVirus M
Our friend
Our friend
FakeVirus M
Our friend
Our friend
YouTube

Post #10by FakeVirus » 23 Jan 2018, 19:39

why did you need to make a .lvl in the files so it would convert it to .png?
you can easily just use GIFS2PNG and it would take seconds
"sonic and mario dont go together"
-a wise man

Return to “Graphics submission for SMBX-38A”