After some testing it seems that the "Player - Warping" auto event and having it trigger the event "Warp" works as I don't have to put the "warp" event on every warp.
I completely forgot about that eventl, it'll be a good solution!
I tried to test it with the "Player - Swimming" (as if you ground pound in water it will mess up every warp) but it does't work as it needs to be repeating to not ground pound in water.
Sorry for that, when I posted it I had to travel so I had to hurry. I didn't pay enough attention to the water colissions so I only could do a quick fix. I will definitely give a look at it, thanks for reporting.
One other note is that if you ground pound and then jump at the right frame just as your about to hit ground you cancel out the ground pound and as I said before If the ground pound is interuped it makes all warps inaccessible in the level. Im still testing to see if I can fix this one.
I was not aware of that bug, but unconsciously I fixed it. I made an improvement of the frames when it hits the ground, so there is more solid collision. I tried to reproduce the bug on my new version and it didn't happen, so I assume
it's fixed. Anyway I'd like to hear some feedback once I release the next version to make sure everything works right. By the way, here's a little changelog of the things I have done so far:Done:
- Improved frames when hitting the ground
- Small Mario now has custom frames styled Big-Mario (no more slide-slope graphics)
- Fixed bugs with moving platforms (the player won't cross them anymore)
- Fixed the frame when the player hits the ground (when it touched the floor sometimes the frame of the jump was shown)
- Variables were moved to arrays, so you won't have a huge disorder of variables in your levels
- SMG Spin Jump now works with all players (Tough, I only have graphics for Luigi so far)
- Small Mario hitbox when hits the ground has been fixed, no more weird colissions.
- Spin Jump and Ground Pound are in different folders now (when I upload the newer version I will offer three folders, one with ground pound only, other with spin jump and another with both).
- Removed Mario's voices from sound effects. SMG Spin Jump now uses the normal tail-sfx.
- Custom sounds doesn't require config anymore! you will no longer need to replace an existing sound effect.
- Fixed a weird bug that would let the player move some pixels in the x-axis while it was floating (most noticeable with small mario)
Things I may do but I'm unsure:
- Fix warping bugs
- Add new variables to control the script:
gpdisable: default value is 0. if set 1 the ground pound will be desactivated
spdisable: default value is 0. if set 1 the spin jump of SMG will be desactivated
- Make Ground Pound available with all characters (I got the "basic" frames for Luigi, Toad and Peach, though, I won't make sprites for all power-ups)
- Fix Liquid collision (Quicksand and Water)
- Add SMW and SMB1 blocks interactions too
- Add a ground pound for Yoshi and its respective variable to control it}
- Fix a little bug that happens when the player is running down a slope and the game doesn't properly recognize it's in a slope, which will cause a jump
- Make a new timer which detects how long the player was without touching any block, if he hasn't touch a block for x seconds the ground pound will be desactivated
If there's a bug I which I'm not aware yet please tell me!
(By the way, this script won't work in SMBX 1.4.5 if 5438A38A delete the arrays, this and some others of my scripts)