(Request) new power ups (without replacing others)

Description: Have idea for a script, but you can't make it? Post it here!
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #1by Bandit » 1 Mar 2017, 19:01

As they read in the title I ask for new power ups, but without the need to replace others. This would be very helpful to me when making an episode.
The truth is I have no idea if it is possible to do this, although I think it would be something like a custom hud.
Okay, I do not know how this is; If it is possible to have someone help me, and if it is not possible to comment below.

PD: you do not need to create a new power up, you can show it using some facts like HugoMDM or Gold Flower (Lx Xzit)

I am sorry for my bad english

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 1 Mar 2017, 19:34

I would like make power-ups without replacing current ones but there are two big problems:

1.) The script system don't supports "char(x).curframe" functions. This means we are not able to know what are exactly the players doing: if it's carrying an object, if it's shooting something, if it's sliding, if it's grabing an object from a buried, this is impossible to know as far I know. This is why I really wanted this function for SMBX 1.4.4, but it didn't happen. :(

2.) No support for episodes. If you use a custom power-up without, there's no way to draw the sprites of the current power-up in the world map, this means all the custom power-ups only would work per level.

I think the character customizations is a bit limited because is clear the editor focuses on other sides, however I can't say too much because there may be some hidden helpful functions.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #3by Bandit » 2 Mar 2017, 7:54

If I was also going to add this to my list of suggestions for version 1.4.4, but do not get it done before it leaves. But I'm going to suggest it for version 1.4.5 ,along with other things.
Although I will do that later, now would be very soon.

Return to “Script requests”