[Fixed] Gif2Png Still Has Issues

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count
Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Sambo » 9 Jul 2016, 4:17

If you have a custom mask in your episode folder and a custom image that uses that mask in a level folder, it doesn't grab the mask from the episode folder, so you will get messed up PNGs with default masks from the conversion.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 9 Jul 2016, 13:30

That isn't implemented yet, I implemented only catching masks from global config which need to point. PGE Editor's GUI shell automatically adds argument with pointing to current config pack. So, I think, I should also check existing of a mask in a parent directlry to have mask inhereted. But one thing: if you have mask files in the "worlds" folder, there are would be inhereted while converting images in the episode folder :P

P.S. I think, I'll add exception flag to skip background2-* images (until bug in LunaLUA will be fixed).

Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count
Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #3by Sambo » 10 Jul 2016, 2:56

There's another issue, but with PNG2GiFs. It creates mask files for worldmap tiles. This isn't really necessary, because there aren't any tiles that have masks.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #4by Wohlstand » 10 Jul 2016, 3:21

Sambo wrote:There's another issue, but with PNG2GiFs. It creates mask files for worldmap tiles. This isn't really necessary, because there aren't any tiles that have masks.
I think, to don't create mask, I must check existing of pixels of any alpha-channel level less than 255. If all pixels are has alpha=255 - don't create mask file.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #5by Wohlstand » 8 Jan 2017, 6:57

Okay, at now everything is supported by GIFs2PNG:
https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/commit/55 ... a641a7467f04bef97788a86bf639f8
- conversion of individual files
- conversion of a directory without subdirectory digging
- conversion of a directory with walking in subdirectories (I.e. episode conversion)
- in the episode conversion with referred config pack, missing masks are looking in order: current folder, episode folder (a root directory referred in the arguments), and then in all available data directories of the reffed config pack.
So, a new syntax of GIFs2PNG is:

Code: Select all

GIFs2PNG --config "path/to/config/pack/folder" -d -r -b "path/to/episode/folder"

Where "-r" - delete source images on successful conversion
Where "-d" - walk in subdirectories, I.e. turn on episode conversion mode
Where "-b" - skip conversion of background2-*.gif images. That temporary required because in LunaLua is a bug which producing a wrong render of PNG backgrounds. Others are fine with PNG.

A second good news: GIFs2PNG 3.0 and all other console tools are completely rewritten and now there are completely independent of any DLLs (even on Linux there are can work on various distros (same assemblies are tested on Mint, CentOS and on OpenSUSE, and there are working!))

Later, PGE Maintainer component will get GUI frontends over those tools to provide a friendly way to use those tools by newbies.

LuisBarretoHD
Passerby
Passerby
LuisBarretoHD
Passerby
Passerby

Another problem.

Post #6by LuisBarretoHD » 22 Jan 2017, 15:35

When I open the app, it closes itself.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #7by Wohlstand » 22 Jan 2017, 18:12

LuisBarretoHD wrote:When I open the app, it closes itself.
It's console tool, it just prints help information and self-closes. I removed the on-end pause because isn't correct for console tools and easier for integrating it into scripts. Open the command line in that folder, and try to run it by manual typing of command if you want to see the detail help of it. And please, try the laboratory version if you tried some old, now those console tools are independent from any DLLs and can be used independently without coping of extra DLLs/SOs.

Anyway, is VERY easy to use it per group of specified files, just drop them into icon of any console tool to apply it (GIFs2PNG, LazyFixTool, PNG2GIFs)

Return to “Troubleshooting”