Error With "Test in SMBX"

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count
Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Sambo » 24 Jan 2016, 0:36

When I hit the "Test Level in SMBX" button in the editor, it says it can't find smbx.exe and tells me to get the SMBX integration config pack. Why is it doing this? It used to auto-detect the opened SMBX editor. Did you decide to remove this feature?

It seems to me that it would be better to auto-detect the SMBX window than to run a separate SMBX for each test. It saves on load time, because SMBX takes 20-30 seconds to load, and waiting that long for each little level test would get rather wearisome.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 24 Jan 2016, 2:19

This option is completely changed.

Now it designed to be used with SMBX Integration configuration package (which I improved and made it much better and smarter. I.e. configure.exe now can automatically detect vanilia/LunaLUA-SMBX on directory choising, if vanilia, it converts mp3 sounds into ogg format if ogg files are not found [and keeps both MP3 and OGG], and if LunaLUA-SMBX detected, it will try to scan it's music.ini and sounds.ini to import settings into this config pack, etc.).

Now, PGE Editor generates a dummy world in the SMBX directory, generates config/autostart.ini and starts SMBX with --patch --game arguments, and necessary level is starting. That means, level testing can be launched even if SMBX wasn't started, and also possible to do a test of level from vanilia SMBX (but user will take warning and hints how-to and which episode is needed to start to play your level).

P.S. I think, I will make that to be conditionally: if SMBX Editor is launched and detected - bind level to it, if not launched - start SMBX testing in regular mode.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #3by Wohlstand » 12 Jan 2021, 4:21

No longer actual.

Return to “Troubleshooting”