Missing DLLs, then crash on starting (Windows 8)

Description: It's archive, posting new is here viewforum.php?f=11

Vellidragon F
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Vellidragon F
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Website Twitter

Post #1by Vellidragon » 22 Jan 2016, 10:13

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum to put this. I used to run an older version of the PGE editor on a Windows 7 laptop, which worked fine, but when I try to run the current version on a Windows 8 desktop computer now, it's missing the following DLLs:

• libFLAC-8.dll
  • libmodplug-1.dll

I tried grabbing those from elsewhere and putting them in the folder, but now pge_editor.exe simply crashes immediately, telling me that it could not be started correctly; relevant address is 0x000007b. I tried the download installer and the zip file version and neither works. The same thing happens with pge_engine.exe. (The SMBX integration feature also has "sox.exe" crash in an infinite loop with a missing DLL when I try to pick that during installation.)

I would appreciate some help with this. (I'm sorry if there's already a solution somewhere; I could not find one.)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 22 Jan 2016, 11:11

Ouch, I forgot to rebuild FLAC to finally make it work statically. modplug.dll no more needed, but libFLAC still linked like dynamic because I forgot to rebuild that dll, so, I will fix that and you cloud take hotfix from laboratory

Added after 14 hours 13 minutes:
EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED!
Please redownload PGE, now it shouldn't require those DLL's because I built them statically into united SDL2_mixer_ext.dll

About SMBX Integration thing: I added sox to automatize conversion of SFXes from MP3 into OGG to get able play them in PGE fine. It doesn't runs for LunaLUA-SMBX because it already has OGG sounds, instead of that, configure tool imports settings from music.ini and sounds.ini in the LunaLUA-SMBX into PGE's music.ini/sounds.ini to keep right music and sounds file-names

Vellidragon F
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Vellidragon F
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Website Twitter

Post #3by Vellidragon » 23 Jan 2016, 10:26

Hurra, it's working now - thank you for the quick response and keep up the good work! :)

Return to “Troubleshooting”