Missing Plugin [Fixed]

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

elitalianoverde M
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
elitalianoverde M
Honourable citizen

Post #1by elitalianoverde » 5 Dec 2015, 8:59

I installed the standalone package of the PGE and it seems to be missing the following plugin:
Spoiler
Shortly after, I got another one (though it's just a programming issue):
Spoiler
I have downloaded it twice to make sure; then I went instead with the online installer, which works fine.

I just thought I'd bring it up. I'm running Win. 7 x64.

If my English seems lazy or sloppy at times, that's because me vale bien y bonito soy Español :V

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 5 Dec 2015, 15:14

Are you placed PGE built into non-ASCII path or you have some Spanish characters? I think it's a one of troubles with dynamic builds where it can't detect right placement of DLLs (those "platforms" are already presented with package), for a small test, just try to put PGE into path with ASCII-only characters. I think, I will provide both static and dynamic builds of PGE (dynamic build is more compact because Qt libraries are in one place and PGE apps are using them together and static build when each EXE has hardcoded Qt libraries and less DLL's in a folder, so, you will be able to put PGE build into the any place), I will try to rebuild it with fix and then you can try to get update

P.S. Not only you got this trouble: some Chinese guy got same error too, and I though that is trouble only with Chinese characters, so, I need to correctly apply that fix to allow placing PGE into non-ASCII paths (however, PGE itself works with all non-ASCII paths fine)

elitalianoverde M
Honourable citizen
elitalianoverde M
Honourable citizen

Post #3by elitalianoverde » 6 Dec 2015, 1:21

I had it in my "Jögos éts Símülanttés" (Games & Similar) Folder, moving it straight to the Desktop fixed the problem. I was also messing around with SMBX 1.4 so my system language was Chinese for a while, but that didn't seem to affect it much since I usually have my PC language in Catalan and it's worked before. I eagerly await your update :)

If my English seems lazy or sloppy at times, that's because me vale bien y bonito soy Español :V

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #4by Wohlstand » 6 Dec 2015, 1:35

elitalianoverde wrote:I had it in my "Jögos éts Símülanttés" (Games & Similar) Folder, moving it straight to the Desktop fixed the problem. I was also messing around with SMBX 1.4 so my system language was Chinese for a while, but that didn't seem to affect it much since I usually have my PC language in Catalan and it's worked before. I eagerly await your update :)
I just made attempt to fix that, you can try to take nightly build of PGE Editor here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Wohlstand/pge-project
When it will be built, take built PGE Editor from "Artifacts" tab. When you will download that, unpack it and replace stuff in your PGE folder, then try to move PGE folder into non-ascii folder/path and test it.

(Note: AppVeyor builds slow + 60 min limit, so, PGE Editor takes to be built in 45 min and no time to build all other PGE components [Engine, GIFs2PNG, PNG2GIFs, LazyFixTool, Player Calibrator, Manager and Maintainer]), so, those components I building myself each new release

The thing is: I siting on Linux myself and also my computer temporary has a small RAM size (2 GB only), so, I can't run Windows XP VM without closing of everything (or my PC will be frozen because overflown RAM), so, I powering on my another computer (totally in my home are 5 workstations and 1 server where this site and forums are hosted, and many other things too)

elitalianoverde M
Honourable citizen
elitalianoverde M
Honourable citizen

Post #5by elitalianoverde » 6 Dec 2015, 4:06

I'm happy to report that it's a full success!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #6by Wohlstand » 6 Dec 2015, 10:04

elitalianoverde wrote:I'm happy to report that it's a full success!
;-)

Added after 17 hours 38 minutes:
And now it finally fixed:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Projec ... fe3c3f563c018247b07a5231b8815f
(you can even mix different languages [Russian and Chunese is example], and it will still be able to be ranned from that folder fine)
And so, this good news for a Snoopy Tour who is a first guy who got this bug

Return to “Troubleshooting”