Description: It's archive, posting new is here viewforum.php?f=11

Aeonic Butterfly
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Aeonic Butterfly
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Aeonic Butterfly » 24 Sep 2015, 22:46

This is going to be a silly question, maybe I need more caffeine, but I can't figure out how to change the default PC.

Whenever I test my level, I always begin with Princess Peach. Yeah.

Please don't beat the newb over the head with too many herrings... please? :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 24 Sep 2015, 23:04

1) I configured Peach as 1'st character instead of Mario who is a 2'nd character instead of Luigi. While I doing experiments, I keeping two characters: Mario and Peach. When I will implement necessary lua API to code a playable character things and when I will finish works with a slopes, I will implement all 5 SMBX's characters and I will code power-ups and character-switch via cheat code instead of 7..8..9..0 keys to toggle Small/Raccoon Peach/Mario.
Also, Peach is a first playable character who has been implemented ;-) (don't forget than via lvl_character.ini, via calibrations [hitbox setup] and later via lua you can make any custom/additional playable character), etc.
2) you can swap Peach and Mario manually inside lvl_characters.ini but be careful while you edit this file (Also, I recommend you to use Notepad++/Akelpad because it may be saved with UNIX LF line feed instead of CRLF and Windows Notepad will show everything in alone line).
3) later I will implement a test settings where you can configure default character and also ability to choice a character on episode/level launching. Also, I'l remember last test settings in the global settings file, so, you will can restart PGE Editor and you will have your last setup of playable character, etc.

Aeonic Butterfly
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Aeonic Butterfly
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #3by Aeonic Butterfly » 25 Sep 2015, 0:55

Wohlstand wrote:1) I configured Peach as 1'st character instead of Mario who is a 2'nd character instead of Luigi. While I doing experiments, I keeping two characters: Mario and Peach. When I will implement necessary lua API to code a playable character things and when I will finish works with a slopes, I will implement all 5 SMBX's characters and I will code power-ups and character-switch via cheat code instead of 7..8..9..0 keys to toggle Small/Raccoon Peach/Mario.
Also, Peach is a first playable character who has been implemented ;-) (don't forget than via lvl_character.ini, via calibrations [hitbox setup] and later via lua you can make any custom/additional playable character), etc.
2) you can swap Peach and Mario manually inside lvl_characters.ini but be careful while you edit this file (Also, I recommend you to use Notepad++/Akelpad because it may be saved with UNIX LF line feed instead of CRLF and Windows Notepad will show everything in alone line).
3) later I will implement a test settings where you can configure default character and also ability to choice a character on episode/level launching. Also, I'l remember last test settings in the global settings file, so, you will can restart PGE Editor and you will have your last setup of playable character, etc.

Okay, that's very cool. Thanks, I'll have to poke around in here. :)

ETA: Backed up the original script, just swapped around character-1 and character-2 with Find and Replace. Mario's now showing up instead, and I didn't break anything/everything, so I must be good!

I'll have to play more with this later, when I have more time. :)

Return to “Troubleshooting”