Description: It's archive, posting new is here viewforum.php?f=11

Something Fawful
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Something Fawful
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by Something Fawful » 31 Jan 2015, 7:07

Okay so this is the part where it's kinda obvious I'm in QA.

I was working on my level and I blew it up. I had no idea what I did, so I took a backup I had, and was able to reproduce the issue, and as such I am submitting a.. err.. bug report(?)

Okay so:

I took the raw level - added the NPC with the text box, and saved. It broke it. No idea why. I've attached both my original, the first time I borked it, and the second time I borked it (on prupose this time) in this folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzT-a0gCOkyQcXR5NUZRcmtlVW8&usp=sharing
Error is:
Run-time error '62'

Input past end of file.

I'm not needing you to fix the level itself, (I had done basically nothing) I just want you to be able to fix the program!

I have am using Up to date SMBX 1.3.0.1 on a Windows 7 VM.
My version of the editor is 0.2.1.1 downloaded from here, just a few days ago. It's the Linux version. :tux:

Now for a bunch of probably completely useless version numbers:
I'm using Kubuntu 14.10
KDELibs Version: 4.14.1
Qt Version: 4.8.6
Kernel Version 3.16.0-29-generic
OS Type: 64-bit

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 31 Jan 2015, 11:33

File is not broken, it just saved with Unix LF new line character. Open those "broken" files by Notepad++ or by Akelpad and change Unix newline into Windows CRLF and save it. SMBX Should open file correctly. Or if you have PGE Editor on Windows, simply open and save file without any changes. (I think, I will implement binary writing of SMBX LVL file to prevent usage of Unix new line character which is not understandable by SMBX)

Something Fawful wrote:Now for a bunch of probably completely useless version numbers:
I'm using Kubuntu 14.10
KDELibs Version: 4.14.1
Qt Version: 4.8.6
Kernel Version 3.16.0-29-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
To get able to build editor you need for a latest Qt 5.4.0 which you can download from official site:
http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/

Added after 1 hour 30 minutes:
I just made an update which will prevent this false "damage":
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PlatGEnWoh ... 92376629451669964c11c889bf61ac
I will write SMBX files through bynary writer with forcing of CRLF newline. All saved on Linux LVL/WLD files will correctly work with SMBX on Windows without necessary to use Akelpad/Notepad++ ;-)

Something Fawful
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Something Fawful
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by Something Fawful » 31 Jan 2015, 20:21

Ah freaking line feeds. I know all about them from work, although not exactly sure why I didn't run into this earlier, as that wasn't the first level I edited. Either way opening it in a text editor and changing the line feeds at the end indeed fixed it. As for building it myself, I'm still somewhat new to the whole Linux world, and haven't started building myself... yet. But maybe later.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #4by Wohlstand » 2 Feb 2015, 16:44

Anyway, good news!
Yesterday I installed the Linux Mint and now I have ability to build them myself, so, Linux builds will be updated too :cool:

Return to “Troubleshooting”