World Map message

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

higgorgao1 M
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
higgorgao1 M
Nice citizen

Post #1by higgorgao1 » 22 Mar 2020, 23:32

I am creating an episode, but this shows everytime I test the world
thing.png
thing.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

(some text is black on purpose)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 23 Mar 2020, 0:39

Running world map testing, levels are never played. Instead, you are asked to manually specify a level code. I.e. here you are simulating a level complete code. You need to type a code of exit (the same as "Open path by exit type"). If you type 1, it's open sides where 1 is specified. If 3, then all sides where 3. Etc. Just type 1 and hit Enter. It's a text input box.

higgorgao1 M
Nice citizen
higgorgao1 M
Nice citizen

Post #3by higgorgao1 » 23 Mar 2020, 13:43

Wohlstand wrote:Running world map testing, levels are never played. Instead, you are asked to manually specify a level code. I.e. here you are simulating a level complete code. You need to type a code of exit (the same as "Open path by exit type"). If you type 1, it's open sides where 1 is specified. If 3, then all sides where 3. Etc. Just type 1 and hit Enter. It's a text input box.
Does that mean this just runs the worldmap engine, and that input box is the exit we choose.
So that shows if the worldmap is running correctly, and the normal launcher loads the level too, right?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #4by Wohlstand » 23 Mar 2020, 13:46

higgorgao1 wrote:Does that mean this just runs the worldmap engine, and that input box is the exit we choose.
Yes!

higgorgao1 wrote:So that shows if the worldmap is running correctly, and the normal launcher loads the level too, right?
If you starting a normal game, it will work as usually (playing everything: worlds and levels). If you starting a world map testing, the world map will only work in action, levels never starting.

Return to “Troubleshooting”