Description: It's archive, posting new is here viewforum.php?f=11

Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Xirix » 8 Oct 2014, 19:14

I am unsure what's causing this, but I tried opening a level I made with SMBX 1.3's editor with Wohl and it's positioned my NPC train one block lower than it's supposed to be. Screenshot below.

Also while I'm here, can you use Wohl to test the SMBX level you make, or would I need to load it with SMBX's editor to do that?
Attachments
Example.png

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 8 Oct 2014, 19:41

Did you add the "GFX-Offset" values for your custom NPC?
Open your NPC.txt by my editor (open context menu on the NPC and press "Edit NPC configuration'), you will see result of physical and graphical sizes. When you change some values, you will momentally see in the preview window (Real-time applying). After saving your NPC.txt press F5 key to reload level file to load updated properties.
If this a real bug, please send me your level with GFX and *.txt files, and I can research, why this bug appears.

Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #3by Xirix » 8 Oct 2014, 21:24

Ah I see, I wasn't aware I needed to modify the NPC, is this just a 'compatibility issue' between the SMBX editor and Wohl or something like that?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #4by Wohlstand » 8 Oct 2014, 21:42

Xirix wrote:Ah I see, I wasn't aware I needed to modify the NPC, is this just a 'compatibility issue' between the SMBX editor and Wohl or something like that?

I was made maximal compatibility NPC customizing system, but some things is not works without using of some values (GFX size or offset values for example).

In the SMBX all NPC's using a static settings which integrated into application, PGE using a configurable NPC settings which you can define by INI file of your config pack (each config pack can have any unique NPC set and can be not compatible among themselves).

For example: few times ago my editor was had problems with custom NPC's which uses "width/height" values without "GFXheight/width" and frames was rendered incorrectly (GFX-Height calculated wrongly). If you was define them, NPC should be work in both SMBX and PGE correctly.

My NPC customizing system perfectly works if you correctly set your NPC.txt file, but if you was used some "stupid" or wrong settings PGE will render your custom NPC wrong.

I made some calculators which preventing popular settings combinations which is not correct and by some reasons stupid. But some combinations is wrong for PGE (is not researched by me yet), and when you was fix settings of your NPC.txt, this NPC will render correctly in the both PGE and SMBX.

Added after 7 minutes 46 seconds:
Xirix wrote:Also while I'm here, can you use Wohl to test the SMBX level you make, or would I need to load it with SMBX's editor to do that?
Oh, I was skept this question, I will answer:
Now editor is not support level testing of levels because engine counterpart is not made yet, and you need use SMBX for play levels

I have dummy template of engine which open a LVL files and render rectangles with basic player physics. You can get them here http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/EXE_tests/dummy_pge_engine.zip . It was just begins, and it can't give full gameplay yet.

Added after 1 minute 54 seconds:
Here is my hints and notes how test saved by PGE levels with SMBX correctly (you can use at paralel: after take changes by PGE, and when you start testing in the SMBX, don't save file when you run testing)
http://help.wohlsoft.ru/levelediting/testing.html#How_to_run_test_with_SMBX

Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #5by Xirix » 8 Oct 2014, 22:35

Thanks for all the clarifications, and the easy way to test the levels while still editing them. :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #6by Wohlstand » 8 Oct 2014, 23:17

Xirix wrote:Thanks for all the clarifications, and the easy way to test the levels while still editing them. :)
Also, did you fix your NPC by .txt file edits? If problem is solved, I will close topic

Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Xirix
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #7by Xirix » 10 Oct 2014, 3:10

Yeah I fixed it by tweaking the GFX offset.

Return to “Troubleshooting”