Strange NPCs

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Snowburger
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Snowburger
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Snowburger » 17 Dec 2019, 19:51

Hi all,

I've just downloaded PGE after a few years of not using it. I'm not exactly used to the editor, but last time I used it all was well. However, the NPCs in my level have been replaced with some rather odd characters, as seen below;

These are definitely not custom NPCs, and they remain consistent throughout the editor. Can anybody help me resume use of the standard NPCs from the Mario games?

Thanks, Snowburger :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 18 Dec 2019, 1:15

Snowburger wrote:These are definitely not custom NPCs, and they remain consistent throughout the editor. Can anybody help me resume use of the standard NPCs from the Mario games?
You are using A2XT config pack which gives a totally different items set. For Mario related stuff you probably need to install "SMBX 1.3 Compatibility" config pack which will provide a full set of SMBX 1.3 stuff, or SMBX-38A config pack for SMBX38A 1.4.4's stuff (note that it's not upgraded yet for SMBX38a 1.4.5 yet).

Keep the note that PGE Project doesn't has "default" resources: all resources stuff (graphics, musics, sounds, gameplay scripts, etc.) providing by a specific package called as a "config pack".

Return to “Troubleshooting”