PGE Editor - SMBX 38-A : Advanced Settings Bug

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Toshiie M
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #1by Toshiie » 26 Nov 2017, 21:09

On PGE Editor, we dont have advanced settings, like we have in SMBX 38-A, but thats not a problem, the problem is, PGE places some NPCS with modified advanced settings:

Twhomp: Cant change speed, default speed is very slow....
(Somewhy, when creating a new level, default speed was not slow, but on this level it is, and also on some other levels)
Spoiler

Coins: Placing coins in PGE, sets their Advance Settings to 1(not everytime, only on some levels), wich makes them act like POW coins:
Spoiler
The coins act like Coins affected by POW

These are the only ones i found right now, probably cause i dont use complex npcs.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 27 Nov 2017, 3:49

As planned rework of editor I will inplement access to all 38A settings of every object. It's bad that 38A doesn't keeps regular behavior of objects that requires to add extra data are must to avoid this. Otherwise, if it's a mistake of 38A file format writer, then easy to fix to give every element right default settings are will don't break original behavior of elements.

Some about Editor rework
Bcause of laggy Scene graph backend and initial design mistake of PGE Editor's internal is hard to add new controls to access extra properies (include history tracking that is main and super-important feature of PGE Editor.

The replacement for laggy QGraphicsScene is ItemScene thing designed to store over million elements on same map and dont lag while scrolling aroud of small area.

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #3by Toshiie » 6 Dec 2017, 0:37

I found a workaround for this problem: I create a level with some npcs that have this bug and then, with the magical TABS system of PGE, i can copy and paste npcs placed on SMBX 38-A to PGE, and that solves it.

Doing that, i can make 3 star coins, 1 for each id (1 , 2, 3) and copy and paste them into PGE level. (THIS IS VERY GOOD!! NOW I DONT NEED TO USE SMBX 38-A JUST TO PLACE STARCOINS ON THE LEVEL!)

Thanks for your support! :)

Return to “Troubleshooting”