[Fixed] PGE Not responding

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by Raresh616 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:21

So I installed PGE on my PC and I really liked the editor. So I tried to create a world map with levels. But when I selected the red START level icon and I chose a created level file by me, after 10 seconds a window appeared saying that PGE Editor is not responding. When I tried clicking "Cancel", it closed. I tried different things like reinstalling, downloading other versions, and obviously trying again, but it didn't work. Can you please tell me the solution to this problem? If you help solve this problem, I will be very happy to use PGE. :( :( :(

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 18 Apr 2017, 16:14

I'll check that at evening, seems you found a bug which must not happen

Added after 9 hours 20 minutes:
That weird... At me is not reproducing... Try out the laboratory assembly (here http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/) and tell me do you have same issue?
Note: If you are using SMBX 2.0's PGE, you would to update it by this way: https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=260110#p260110 now here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1977

Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by Raresh616 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:40

When I downloaded from the laboratory assembly, it did the same, BUT, I realized something. When I click on "Browse" at the level file thing, when it is searching for the level files, the laptop fan is getting louder, and if I click "Cancel" or ''OK" to close the window when the fan is loud, the "NOT RESPONDING" window appears. BUT if I wait until I can't hear the fan, then when I click to close the window, it's all fine. I will see what I can do.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #4by Wohlstand » 20 Apr 2017, 11:02

Oh, I think, I can understand this as you have a deep directory tree in the place where you have put your world map, and my mistake that I forgot to break this digging when you suddenly closing a file box. As temporary solution until I will fix this bug: Avoid saving world map file into folder where lots of others (huge structure of directories which is hard to dig). Create new folder and put both your world map and your level file into it.

Added after 21 minutes 45 seconds:
Okay, I has been fixed that: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/commit/a8 ... dd9c3376586a415a4e909b0e964a5f
After ~25 minutes new laboratory build will appear, then you will be able to try out a fix ;-)

Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #5by Raresh616 » 20 Apr 2017, 11:55

First of all, Thank you. Second of all, I tried something different. Instead of clicking "Browse", I just copy-pasted the level file name, and it worked.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #6by Wohlstand » 20 Apr 2017, 15:12

Raresh616 wrote:First of all, Thank you. Second of all, I tried something different. Instead of clicking "Browse", I just copy-pasted the level file name, and it worked.
Anyway, please retry the browsing and confirm me that now everything works fine: as-is, and then retry after you will move the levels and world map into separated folder (for example, Never put your world map into "worlds" folder without creating own folder, never put it on root of C driver or into "My documents" directory which is overflown with a files). Redownload laboratory build and check out how the fixed levels list will deal with you, it's very important

Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #7by Raresh616 » 20 Apr 2017, 21:50

Yes, it actually freaking worked. Dude, thank you so much! How did you do that?

Added after 14 minutes 4 seconds:
Also, can you, like, include the bug-fixed build into the SMBX 2.0 Beta?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #8by Wohlstand » 20 Apr 2017, 22:29

Raresh616 wrote:How did you do that?
The reason of bug that In the code I wasn't stopped digging thread (a parallel process that collects files and puts them into list you see in the window, in result, it doesn't freezing for that and you able to close it before it will collect all files. This process may be pretty long, therefore I ran it in parallel with ability to abort it). It must be stopped when you suddenly closing the dialog which I have been implemented and trouble has gone

Raresh616 wrote:Also, can you, like, include the bug-fixed build into the SMBX 2.0 Beta?
The most fresh version is always going into SMBX 2.0 repo, but SMBX's betas are updating rarely, therefore I did the update script which also will be shipped with SMBX 2.0 Beta 4, which allows easier update of PGE to take all fresh bug-fixes now without waiting new beta

Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Raresh616
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #9by Raresh616 » 20 Apr 2017, 23:25

Alright then. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”