Straight from the rules in this order:
"Show what you're using to make your game"
I am using the Pokemon Essentials GS Kit by Comboy to make this game
"An introduction to your project"
Well, some time ago i though about making a GSC styled Fangame for Pokemon since Gen 2 has been my favourite Gen since i played all 3 of them. First it started out to be a hack based on Pokemon Ruby, but later on i decided to devel it Pokemon Essentials. After i found out there even is a Kit for it i started using it and started to re-learn all the stuff i gotta do.
"The plot and back-story of the game"
"Welcome to Gazo. Our Major is proud to welcome you into our Homeland we hope you enjoy it being here"
This Story has nothing to do with the original Pokemon G/S/C games!
After the billion glorious defeats of Team Rocket, people thought it's finally over after Giovanni disappeared and Team Rocket was removed from the world.
But somewhere on a island called Gazo, they reappeared, under the control of their new leader. And they hunting down the legendary dogs, that live by now in Gazo.
What they want? Control over them. They want to conquer the world, by using Raikou's thunder to make the sky dark, Entei's firepower to produce billions of lava over the land.
But the most dangerous they want to use is Suicune's overflowing water power. If they succeed, it would mean the end of the island Gazo, and all of it's people.
Who is behind this all you ask? I don't know either but, he most be one sick person to kill an entire island. Meanwhile the Pokemon League has opened on Gazo.
But, how will you become a champion? You can't be a champion if the island is destroyed... So..? Are you up to stop Team Rocket from reaching their goal?
Are you up to face other trainers, and battle them to become a true Pokemon Trainer? Are you up to face the Top Four? Are you up to face the Evil Leader?
It's your choice after all.
"A list of features"
All of the features which Comboy put into his kit aka:
- Modified resolution and graphic coordinates for GBC visual accuracy.
- "Day-Morning-Night" tile swap system, according to the time in the computer.
- More than 300 battle moves animations (Repeated for some of them).
- A complete source of graphics and some music/sound effects from the original Gen 2 games, and even "devamped" front and back Pokémon fan sprites from Treecko to Genesect, including their alternate forms.
Credit goes to COMBOY for all of this stuff
- Morning, Day and Night WildBattle
- Night Pokemon are more agressive and have a higher level then the Morning/Day Pokemon for example, a day Rattata has level 6 while a Night one has up to level 10
- Explore the Johto Region back in Gen 2 style
- Different Story
- The 3 dogs are now more important to the story then the original one
- Choose between Gold or Crystal
So far about 0.5% has been done, yeah it's still early in devolpement.
RPG MakerXP by ENTERBRAIN
And POKéMON ESSENTIALS
was created by:
Poccil (Peter O.)
The devamped Sprites for the Kit and to make this have the Pokemon from the other Generations also