Another bug report

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 14 Sep 2016, 9:57

So... this is probably my last topic dedicated to the bug reports / suggestions from now, I think there's anything more to say regarding bugs. Thanks for having me patience 5438A38A. :P

Some things to fix/polish with shoes (aside what I mentioned in my other topic):
- The miniplayers when get on to the shoe again they will 6 pixels to the right, which will cause bugs.
Spoiler

- Mario and Luigi has wrong calibred sprites when they has Penguin Suit (the other sprites are perfectly calibrated, this is the only issue)
Spoiler

- The part of the sprite that was deleted to make the player fits in the shoe, appear when its entering in a pipe, this happen with all players with all statuses:
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

- While Toad and Peach are in the shoes, if you press "alt-run" key, they will generate a weird ball and will cause out of place sound effects.
Spoiler

BTW when Toad and Peach throws a fire/ice ball that its on the top of his heads, would be better if them don't play the sound effect "shell kick" and only play the sound effect "SMB2 Throw" :P just a little and insignificant detail.

[Suggestion] Instead make the shoes with traction when the player its hopping, I'd suggest do it like in SMBX 1.3: when the player is changing the direction it will land and will make a normal slide instead keep making little jumps. This is not a real problem but I personally find it much more comfortable, specially with Luigi who has low traction:

Spoiler
SMBX 1.4:

SMBX 1.3:

- Fireballs should only hurt one enemy per ball, currently the fireballs can hurt multiple enemies, which doesn't happen in Mario games overall. This is not a big problem but would polish the game. ;P

Spoiler
SMBX 1.3:

SMBX 1.4:

- When you hit a block with a frozen enemy below, it will produce unplaced effects and won't die as it should (ps: don't forget add the sound effect "shell kick" :P).

Spoiler
SMBX 1.4:

SMBX 1.3:

- When Toad, Peach ot Link climb by pressing "down" key instead "up" key, Toad and Peach can carry objects and Link won't become fairy:
Spoiler

Talking about Link I noticed two bugs:
Spoiler
This happens with the Shell Suit, when it hit a block it will keep there making a sound glitch and won't stop until the player end to press "run" key. In my opinion it should stop to be fairy if player has not Xsp.

- Lava effects are misplaced in slopes, when any NPC die there seems like the NPCs 2on't recognize the lava slope as a slope, but as a solid block:
Spoiler

Talking about lava effects, they should appear 19 pixels below than they already do, not very important though. :P

In the left pincture you can see how the lava effects are placed in SMBX 1.3, in the right side in SMBX 1.4:
Spoiler

The iceball that freezes the player:
-Would be much better if when the player its frozen then get the current frame and keep it until the player can move again, instead make it stand like if it was in the floor.

-Sometimes the player still can move when it's frozen:
Spoiler

-Would be much better if the ice box appears always in the center (it's centered on X position but no in Y position).

-The iceball will freeze the player even when its growing:
Spoiler

I'd like these iceballs be just a bit more like NSMB:
http://imgur.com/FSzxuCx

Ideas:
- Starman combo: As the same way you can make score combos by smashing enemies, would be cool if you also can make combos with the Starman like in most of Mario games (the max limit should be 1-up)

- Autorun events:
Starman - End
Megamushroom - Start
Megamushroom - End

Why I'm suggesting and auto-run event when the Starman end if we already have a auto-run event when it starts? because if you use the first auto-run event to change the music and you enter in a pipe or the game lags a bit, the music will be unsynchronized. That's why I suggest this event, to choose a song more accurately. For the case of the "Megamushroom - Start/End" it would be really useful have auto-run events of them to change the music for a custom one easily. Currently you need to use some layers/events.

Sorry if there has been any grammar errors
[size=100][b]VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AcXEExdYtaydxcCVPSGoQ]LX XZIT[/url][/size]
[size=100]Join our 38A Discord server! [url= https://discord.gg/7hCmNBE]CLICK HERE[/url][/size]

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 14 Sep 2016, 11:01

Lx Xzit wrote:- Fireballs should only hurt one enemy per ball, currently the fireballs can hurt multiple enemies, which doesn't happen in Mario games overall. This is not a big problem but would polish the game. ;P
Spoiler
SMBX 1.3:

SMBX 1.4:
Even in PGE Engine is same as in SMBX 1.3 :blum:
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWUmYFaGo-g

Return to “Troubleshooting”