Merry Xmas (Actuel Off-Topic by my fault)

Description: Post your artworks, creations & stories here.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #1by luigicraft » 3 Dec 2016, 21:16

:) You know what we sould do? Try to put a Xmas hat on your profile avatar or on an image on the topic just for fun! And don't forget...

MERRY XMAS

Cat.png
Cat.png (38.92 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Last edited by luigicraft on 4 Dec 2016, 2:23, edited 2 times in total.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 3 Dec 2016, 22:19

Good job, but seems a bit early, but you would make SVG based thing (you need to use Inkscape to edit this):

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Pr ... source_images/Editor/cat_2.svg
(use "File -> Save As" menu, then you can open saved file as graphics). Anyway still good for a news announcement sent around Christmas and New-Year

EDIT: I just made some sketch for that in the Iknscape:
Снимок экрана от 2016-12-03 22-52-42.png

luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #3by luigicraft » 3 Dec 2016, 22:40

Wohlstand wrote:Good job, but seems a bit early

In Canada, we celebrate actually Xmas on the begin of December (Not like giving already Gifts... just like prepare the shoes, the Xmas tree and put decorations, and have some crazy offers on the shops on the TV, I know you would say Canadians are strange (That will hurt my feelings if is that the case... :( ). But we are what we are.

And also I like this month so... that's why I celebrate 2 weeks before the week of Xmas...

Wohlstand wrote:but you would make SVG based thing

Sorry, but... What do you mean? :boredom:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #4by Wohlstand » 3 Dec 2016, 23:04

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:In Canada, we celebrate actually Xmas on the begin of December (Not like giving already Gifts... just like prepare the shoes, the Xmas tree and put decorations, and have some crazy offers on the shops on the TV, I know you would say Canadians are strange (That will hurt my feelings if is that the case... :( ). But we are what we are.

And also I like this month so... that's why I celebrate 2 weeks before the week of Xmas...
Usually prepare for Cristmas and New Year must be after half of December (about end of December),
but yea, at my office workers are decorated building and corridors for Cristmas/New-Year in half of November :facepalm: (and we are totally confused and told to bosses that too early!)

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Sorry, but... What do you mean? :boredom:
SVG is a vector format (I.e. Scallable Vector Graphics). I.e. same image can be easily resized to very small and to very huge without quality lost. Vector graphics just a set of various shapes, unlike Raster graphics which is image is created from matrix of dots. Inkscape program is an editor of the vector graphics.

Added after 11 minutes 46 seconds:
P.S. Just exported it into PNGs of various size: (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256 and 800x800)

http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Images/Icons/NewYear/

Added after 7 minutes 16 seconds:
P.P.S. Added into Wiki about logo itself: http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Gyro#Gallery

luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #5by luigicraft » 3 Dec 2016, 23:30

Wohlstand wrote:but you would make SVG based thing
Is not the file type my problem, I know already what is it, it is the sense of your sentence. When I read the sentence, I think you give me an order. I trying to translate myself but I bugged, I use Google Traduction to know what you mean, but it make no sense in french... :fool:

but yea, at my office workers are decorated building and corridors for Cristmas/New-Year in half of November :facepalm: (and we are totally confused and told to bosses that too early!)

Half of November... ? I mean... I know everyone his happy for Xmas time but... i'm not also trying to be rude but... it's a little early, right? Maybe I'm not better but... Half of November... ? :no:

I used Paint.NET to make the logo of Platform Game Engine with a Xmas hat, when I open the SVG file, I get the confusion how to use this software... but your Gyro (Is that is name... of the cat) with an hat is cute.

Also, we are actually talking about a bunch of other things (other than the actuel topic), is that correct? :unexpectedly:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #6by Wohlstand » 4 Dec 2016, 1:26

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Half of November... ? I mean... I know everyone his happy for Xmas time but... i'm not also trying to be rude but... it's a little early, right? Maybe I'm not better but... Half of November... ? :no:
Anyway, sketches are can be prepared in any time, but officially used only when needed. So, it's not a trouble if create this before, then will be easier to apply it when needed.

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:I used Paint.NET to make the logo of Platform Game Engine with a Xmas hat, when I open the SVG file, I get the confusion how to use this software... but your Gyro (Is that is name... of the cat) with an hat is cute.
Paint.NET is a pure raster graphics editor. Vector graphics is completely different technology of the graphics. While raster graphics declares matrix of dots (every dot has own color), vector graphics declares set of shapes and rules "how to draw" them. Conversion of vector graphics into raster - rendering or rasterisation, is generating raster image just "draw all declared shapes by declared rules on matrix of specific size". Inkscape is different from any other graphical editor, because it's vector graphical editor. Here you must put a shapes (rectangles, lines, polygons, etc.), set color/filling/gradient/border of them, transparency/smooth level, etc. Image is a combination of those shapes you placed and alligned on the space. You can export the PNG of any size, and result will have always good quality even you export 32x32 or you are exporing 5000x5000.

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Also, we are actually talking about a bunch of other things (other than the actuel topic), is that correct? :unexpectedly:
I think, I will move this into Art Board of same section

Added after 1 minute 38 seconds:
LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Is not the file type my problem, I know already what is it, it is the sense of your sentence. When I read the sentence, I think you give me an order. I trying to translate myself but I bugged, I use Google Traduction to know what you mean, but it make no sense in french... :fool:
I think, this would be a best thing to read for you: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

Added after 1 minute 22 seconds:
LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Google Traduction
Mayby you meant Google Translator? It really sucks, because sometimes results a wery weird and funny phrases :comando:

luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
luigicraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #7by luigicraft » 4 Dec 2016, 2:19

That's interesting... I will do some experience by myself on this new software and... I just found my new resolution, I need to stop asking questions off topic on topics, (That's embarrassing, I was trying to do a topic for fun and now it turn into a off topic conversation :( )

Spoiler
And the more d*mb I do, is I was questionning about your actuel life about on your work on your office, like we are... friends :facepalm:, sorry about that, I din'dt know what I was doing so i'm go to my ognions :crazy: and i'm wait for the next person who gonna take the chance to participate to the actuel topic...

Return to “Art Board”