My suggestions for SMBX 1.4

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Do you like my ideas?

Yes; all of them are perfect.
23%
Sure; I like most of them, if not all.
77%
OK; I like a few.
No votes
No; none of them are good.
No votes
Yuck!
No votes

Total voters: 13
TryLouBliss
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
TryLouBliss
Nice citizen

Post #1by TryLouBliss » 27 Mar 2016, 21:02

Happy Easter, everyone! I think the fan-made SMBX 1.4 engine is super cool! However, I do wish to see more things get added in the next update.
Here is a list of things I want to see in version 1.4.3:
Spoiler
- SMB1 Flagpole/Goal Pole w/ Extra Player Graphics for going down them (Why hasn't it been added yet???)
- SMW Triangle Blocks (Think of the cool things you can do with them!)
- Cannons in "Blocks and Tiles" Menu (So that we don't need custom graphics, and the cannonball is already in there.)
- Sounds and Music with Newer Objects (Including Super Star/Starman, Mega Mushroom, etc. Music.)
- SMW Cape Feather (I'd like an extra power-up!)
- SMB3 P-Wing (One that gives the player power immediately and another that puts it in Mario or Luigi's item box (Instantly powers up for Peach, Toad and Link).)
- Starman/Super Star that gets put in Mario or Luigi's item box and instantly powers up for Peach, Toad and Link (Use a different color to avoid confusion.)
- SMB1 Styled Castle Mazes (Make a devastating maze level with 2 or 3 paths to try, as well as 3-part maze sequences (Like in World 7-4 of SMB1.).)
- SMW Remote Control Coins (Use UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT to control their direction.)
- SMW Snake Blocks (With easy-to-use paths and how many blocks per snake.)
- More Level Test options for Players (Test the levels with the newer power-ups, newer styles, etc.)
- Updated Random Power-up with Newer Ones (New power-ups deserve to be used more frequently.)
- Jump-from-Below Slopes (Semi-Solid Slopes) (There should be more than solid on all side slopes.)
- A new usable shoe for Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, do a ground-pound by pressing DOWN (It's like a Thwomp's shoe, and is colored yellow.)
- A Power-up that gives Players Wall-Jump Abilities (It can be used to make wall-jump sequences.)
- SMM Bumpers (They are really cool, and would be great for bouncy-on-all-sides.)
- One-Way Walls (So you can make one-direction only paths.)
- Roulette Block (Make it hold any 4-6 NPCs of your choice. They don't even have to be power-ups.)
- A few more Koopalings in SMB3 Style (If not all, but Wendy, who throws rings, Lemmy, who throws balls and Roy, who shakes the ground.)
- Upgrades from SMBX 1.3.0.1 (I like those fixes, and these could really apply to this version as well.)
That's all I have on mind. Tell me what you think if you like! :)
Last edited by TryLouBliss on 28 Mar 2016, 1:24, edited 1 time in total.

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend

Post #2by andreepika1336 » 27 Mar 2016, 22:38

bumpties are already in smbx 1.4.

TryLouBliss
Nice citizen
TryLouBliss
Nice citizen

Post #3by TryLouBliss » 28 Mar 2016, 1:26

andreepika1336 wrote:bumpties are already in smbx 1.4.
Oh, really? I forgot they were in there... :wacko:
OK, I removed it from the list.

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke

Post #4by ILikeWoods » 28 Mar 2016, 8:57

Well... they are good ideas, although you know, this is one of these "let`s list what is still missing" threads. ;)

A Power-up that gives Players Wall-Jump Abilities
See also:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=764

SMW Cape Feather
From the technical regard I could imagine (means I don`t know of course) the author thinks of it as unnecessary because of the already existing SMB3 leaf.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”