Allow customization with .txt files for effects too

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 1 Jun 2020, 0:51

This may not seem like a bit deal but it REALLY is.

When I work on my projects, one of the biggest issues I have to face is to select the effects I'm going to use. You see, the custom effects always needs to replace existing ones, and the effects I use has to follow certain criteria. For example, they must have X quantity of frames by default, they should be automatically calculated according the size of the image and they can't override commonly used NPCs. All this makes find available effects really hard.

Yes, we can customize effects with Object Editor, but I don't want force people who download my stuff adjust the effects with it. It would be just tedious. Object Editor is most suitable for projects and levels, but not for particularly sharing stuff.

With that said, can you please implement effects customization for effects through text files? Just like NPCs do.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

3color BombDX
Close friend
Close friend
3color BombDX
Close friend
Close friend

Post #2by 3color BombDX » 1 Jun 2020, 14:18

Lx Xzit wrote:With that said, can you please implement effects customization for effects through text files? Just like NPCs do.
I'd like the same to be done with Blocks and BGOs
I support these projects:
[list]MARIO & LUIGI - The Great Quest
Super Mario - Rainbow Road
Super Mario Bros.: The Great Adventure
Adventures in 2DU
[/list]

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”