More NPC improvements

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #1by Void-the-Bat » 14 Jan 2020, 23:15

Hey, I'm back with yet more NPC improvement suggestions.

First, I've noticed that the Sumo Brother fire's movement works differently between 1.4.4 and 1.4.5. In the former, the movement was very smooth, and myself and a lotta people prefer this movement. In 1.4.5, it was altered to be more in line with how it worked in SMW (position offset every 16 pixels). Could you revert the movement back to how it was in 1.4.4? I think a lotta people preferred that style.

Second, this was already reported as a bug a while back, but I feel this should be added. Have the projectile explosions of the Fire Chomp Fire and Magik hurt the player. It feels off how it doesn't harm the player at all.
Come join the 38A Discord server!
sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look another Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

NESTED ERNEST M
Marquis
Marquis
NESTED ERNEST M
Marquis
Marquis
Website

Post #2by NESTED ERNEST » 14 Jan 2020, 23:59

That was changed to be more like SMW

Lx Xzit's post: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3118
Programming NPCs in SMBX-38A is fun:

ROCKMAN GIF IN SMBX 38A

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 15 Jan 2020, 0:05

First, I've noticed that the Sumo Brother fire's movement works differently between 1.4.4 and 1.4.5. In the former, the movement was very smooth, and myself and a lotta people prefer this movement. In 1.4.5, it was altered to be more in line with how it worked in SMW (position offset every 16 pixels). Could you revert the movement back to how it was in 1.4.4? I think a lotta people preferred that style.

I haven't really seen anyone preferring the old fire movement over the actual one. It was smooth, yes, but it's hitboxes were pretty bad and the fire movement was a bit too fast. It also just felt lazy, like a piranha plant's code was given to the fire. Reverting back the fire would be just taking a step backwards, so I disagree.

However, if people really want the old fire movement back, I'd rather suggest an advanced setting for it. If implemented, it's important to keep actual fire's properties: the top part of the fire won't hurt the player and it also won't hurt until it reaches certain height (I can't remember the numbers right now).
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”