More frames and other ideas

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by devblu86 » 8 Oct 2019, 17:06

Hey I have a few request to be added and that is for us to have more animation frames for players when editing. Small Mario doesn't have the additional running
frames like he does when he is Raccoon Mario, where his hands are up as he is ready to take off into the air.

What I'd like is to have more frames per animation like with the NPC where you can give them more walking frames, etc... So when I swipe out any player with a character from another game that has more frames in its movement, it won't look weird af.

Next could we see about adding the power squat jump that you could do in SMB2? The one where you hold down for a short second then press jump when you start flashing... Or the triple jump and back flip from Super Mario 64 and Hand Stand & Rope Spin from Game Boy Donkey Kong. I could make sprites for all that if needed.

And also it becomes a bit fustrating sometime that you have to hold the run button to grab hold of an object... How about just pressing the button when near it instead to hold an object and change where it is positioned when grabbed like how peach and toad hold stuff above there heads.

Last, I would like to see a polished version of Link. He has no animation when you climb or swim, you can't control his running, he can't grab objects or mount
Yoshi.

Back when Re-digit was working on SMBX, he was gonna give Link additional stuff, like the swimming animation, his boomerang and bow & arrow power-up,
but never got around to it before he discontinued his work. Hopefully someday all that could be added on.

Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #2by Victor ManuelMR » 12 Oct 2019, 6:20

Spoiler
devblu86 wrote:Hey I have a few request to be added and that is for us to have more animation frames for players when editing. Small Mario doesn't have the additional running
frames like he does when he is Raccoon Mario, where his hands are up as he is ready to take off into the air.

What I'd like is to have more frames per animation like with the NPC where you can give them more walking frames, etc... So when I swipe out any player with a character from another game that has more frames in its movement, it won't look weird af.

Next could we see about adding the power squat jump that you could do in SMB2? The one where you hold down for a short second then press jump when you start flashing... Or the triple jump and back flip from Super Mario 64 and Hand Stand & Rope Spin from Game Boy Donkey Kong. I could make sprites for all that if needed.

And also it becomes a bit fustrating sometime that you have to hold the run button to grab hold of an object... How about just pressing the button when near it instead to hold an object and change where it is positioned when grabbed like how peach and toad hold stuff above there heads.

Last, I would like to see a polished version of Link. He has no animation when you climb or swim, you can't control his running, he can't grab objects or mount
Yoshi.

Back when Re-digit was working on SMBX, he was gonna give Link additional stuff, like the swimming animation, his boomerang and bow & arrow power-up,
but never got around to it before he discontinued his work. Hopefully someday all that could be added on.

FRIST you will read the suggestions guide set in this forum, and SECOND, YOU have to bring the graphics and deliver to it, 38A lives in china, so he has limited internet plus other ridiculous bureaucracies.

devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by devblu86 » 20 Oct 2019, 14:12

@Victor ManuelMR *First* off, I did read the guide before I posted... I don't see where I didn't, nor over step my boundaries.
And Second, I did mentioned (if you read correctly) that I would provide the graphics for any of the Ideas/ Suggestions I had
mentioned, (in any form of course) that Mr. 38A could view it in, other than YouTube. If he will implement it into his engine then I will
provide the graphics.

Tricolor BombDX
Our friend
Our friend
Tricolor BombDX
Our friend
Our friend

Post #4by Tricolor BombDX » 20 Oct 2019, 15:59

devblu86 wrote:If he will implement it into his engine then I will
provide the graphics.

I think you should provide the graphics before he starts to implement them (well, if he implements it).
I support these projects:
[list]MARIO & LUIGI - The Great Quest
Super Mario - Rainbow Road
Super Mario Bros.: The Great Adventure
Adventures in 2DU
[/list]

Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #5by Victor ManuelMR » 21 Oct 2019, 21:58

Spoiler
devblu86 wrote:@Victor ManuelMR *First* off, I did read the guide before I posted... I don't see where I didn't, nor over step my boundaries.
And Second, I did mentioned (if you read correctly) that I would provide the graphics for any of the Ideas/ Suggestions I had
mentioned, (in any form of course) that Mr. 38A could view it in, other than YouTube. If he will implement it into his engine then I will
provide the graphics.

The recommended is that you put the graphics along with the suggestion, because I doubt he can answer =T

What about this suggestion:
"Then we could see how to add the squat jump you could do on SMB2? The one where you hold down for a short second and then press jump when it starts blinking ... Or the triple jump and the backs of Super Mario 64 and Game Boy Donkey Kong's Hand Stand & Rope Spin. I could sprite it all if needed. "

it probably won't add to the game because it is possible to recreate these moves using TeaScript (I may be wrong)

devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
devblu86
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #6by devblu86 » 23 Oct 2019, 9:08

Well I guess we can scratch out everything else, except adding more animation frames... But I wanted to give some Idea about what new abilities, animations
Link could be given. It isn't much though... But it would be cool to see.

free image hosting

Credits goes to Legend-Tony980 as these are his sprites

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”