Option to move layer to selected coordinates?

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #1by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 7 Aug 2019, 7:04

So when I was using the effects tab in Events, I noticed you could actually manually place where you want the effect to appear. It would be extremely useful to many if this was an option for moving layers from the movement tab, and could have huge potential for gimmicks, bosses, and similar objects. If this were to be added, I also ask that an option to stop movement at selected point is also added along with an acceleration and deceleration movement option.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #2by Yoshi021 » 19 Aug 2019, 0:39

What does it mean to move a layer to coordinates? Would it move all objects to that coordinate (for example; 0, 0)?
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #3by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 19 Aug 2019, 2:46

Yoshi021 wrote:What does it mean to move a layer to coordinates? Would it move all objects to that coordinate (for example; 0, 0)?
Well, yeah, you know how when you create effects through events there's an option to manually select a coordinate for where the effect will spawn? I was thinking the coordinate thing could be used for moving layers, similar to the Move Towards the Position movement style, but you could set a movement speed and the like, much like how Super Mario Maker 2's autoscroll settings work. Sure, there's NPC-308, but if you want to have an object move to the same coordinate multiple times but go a different direction each time, it wouldn't be so easy. Also, the NPC-308's hitbox must be exactly the same as the other NPC to move along NPC-308.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”