A few more suggestions...

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #1by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 18 Jul 2019, 20:35

Hey, I'm back again. I have a few more suggestions for the engine right now...

Modify ALL autorun events
I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to edit the name of or delete the Level - Start and P Switch autorun events, but still allow them to be added like the other autorun events. It sounds like a stupid idea on paper, but when it comes to the Magic Patcher making duplicate events of those autorun events, and you can't even change the name or delete the duplicate, I think it would prove to be useful.

Dynamic framestyle animations from 1.4.4
I absolutely loved the dynamic framestyles for NPCs that didn't just loop a few frames, like the Fire Chomp or especially Mother Brain. These were removed from 1.4.5 for whatever reason, which is really disappointing. It would also be appreciated if this could be applied to enemies like Boom Boom, so he could use all of his animations and be able to face two directions.

Gravity Angle
It would be neat to also have the ability to alter the angle of gravity for NPCs, similar to the likes of Death Egg Zone from Sonic & Knuckles or some of the stages in SMB3Mix

Unique Wing/Propeller AIs for certain enemies and bosses
Some enemies that can make use of the Wing/Propeller options have their own unique AI thrown into the mix, such as Thwomps. It would be cool to see more NPCs have their own unique AI for enemies like Boom Boom or SMB3 Bowser.

Well, this is all I can think of for now. If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to update this post. Until then, cya!
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”