a suggestion for the script system

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #1by Bandit » 22 Oct 2018, 5:00

It's a bit difficult to explain to me, I hope you understand me.
I have noticed some imperfections in many enemies script and all derive from the same problem.
A function that eliminates all the npcs that the enemy has created will be missing.
This would normally activate when the enemy dies.

Here is an example of a fire snake that when you kill it the fires are left for a few seconds, when they should disappear immediately.

I think there is a function that can eliminate the fires, but I think that if you turn it off, the fires generated by all the fire snakes disappear, when it should only happen with the one that died.
Attachments
fire snake.zip
(7.73 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 27 Oct 2018, 13:09

When you create custom npcs you can set custom permanent ids through parameters, or you could set advset values according the permid of the "main" flame and check if the npc is alive or not.

I made a new version of fire snake solving that problem.
[size=100][b]VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AcXEExdYtaydxcCVPSGoQ]LX XZIT[/url][/size]
[size=100]Join our 38A Discord server! [url= https://discord.gg/7hCmNBE]CLICK HERE[/url][/size]

Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #3by Bandit » 29 Oct 2018, 3:21

Better if you already have a solution, this suggestion was made because a user said that what I said in the suggestion happened.
I would like you to give me the improved version of the fire snake that you just created to try it out.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”