Lazy Camera and in-game event-controlled zooming

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #1by SmokeyTheBandicoot » 18 Mar 2017, 2:23

Those would be two powerful improvements to the Camera, that is the part of the level the player actually sees on screen at any given moment.

Lazy Camera:
Maybe in level settings, this option makes so that Mario isn't always at the center of the camera (at least on the y-axis), but the camera will scroll only when the player is X blocks away from the window borders. This could be used to create hidden areas and encourage exploration by the player.

In-game zooming
New event mechanics that would allow zooming in and out of the level, increasing (or decreasing) the number of blocks that can be rendered on screen at any time, dynamically resizing them

Note: a zoom feature during the editing process, in case that the previous suggestion will be implemented, would be extremely useful

Extra:
Setting the resolution of the level, changing how many pixels the window is wide/high, defined in multiples of 32, so that the user can choose how many blocks can fit in a single row/column of the level. NSMB series have 31 blocks wide by 17 blocks height, while SMBX has a more "square" layout

PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke
PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke

Post #2by PracticalUsername » 18 Mar 2017, 7:13

I haven't seen or heard of a camera control for SMBX, so I hope this will be considered in future versions of it.
"I'll have another."-practicalshorty014

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #3by Eri7 » 19 Mar 2017, 1:40

It will be gud if its in the liquid menu and can be used as a custom liquid that will set the view of the camera when the player is in the liquid and can be resized to be like New Super Mario Bros Wii's one.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #4by MidoriNeko » 22 Mar 2017, 15:31

Or, instead of a liquid, it could be a special event :)
Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”