Special Layer: "Fake wall"

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 12 Mar 2017, 7:00

I thought it would be great if the game includes the NSMBwii's fake-wall system by default, but instead of using a special event, a special layer would be used (so that creators do not have to turn on this event every time they create a level). How this would work? All the blocks under the layer "NSMB Fake Wall" (Yes, I know it should have a key name to not break current levels, it's just I'm bad with the names).

This special layer only would work with blocks. If the player touches a block of this layer then a circular hitbox grows around the player. This circular hitbox makes whatever it touch transparent. If the player leaves the area of the blocks under this layer, then a hitbox becomes smaller until it dissapear. This invisible hitbox is always attaching the players. The reason why I thought hitboxes that grows and shrinks is a good idea is because it would not cause bugs or "confusions" to the game and the users. Other thing to note is that all the blocks under this layer are friendly (they act like bgos).

Here are some pinctures I made to explain better the concept:
Spoiler
These images are poorly done, but hope it helps to make the concept clearer

Or this could be done too through scripts, anyway, I'd really like to see this. :)
If this idea is accepted and it's applied to the scripts system, I'd like give some ideas:

- Be able to change the transparency (0 to 255)
- Be able to change the invisible circular hitbox size
- Be able to apply this to NPCs too (basically I'd like this system be similar to the light system)
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #2by Pilzinsel64 » 12 Mar 2017, 11:46

Why not just Layertype or Walltype for this, like in NSMBW-Editor?

Look:
Last edited by Pilzinsel64 on 13 Mar 2017, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

SmokeyTheBandicoot
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
SmokeyTheBandicoot
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #3by SmokeyTheBandicoot » 13 Mar 2017, 1:14

I'd like to have the Layertype system rather than the "NSMB Fake Layer", because it will just give us more possibilities to use the same blocks and NPCs in our levels. Think as Background pipes for decoration, or NPCs on the background that interact between them but not with the player.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”