Controller suppport

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #1by ILikeWoods » 26 Feb 2016, 21:19

I once asked about it, but I think it has been forgotten / 'overwritten' by many more important things:

What about controller support? I can only set up the keyboard, unlike 1.3. which recognized my xbox controller.

But since the controller configuration system seems to be all new unlike 1.3, it looks like it hasn`t been implemented yet. But then on the other hand I remember about people saying it works for them, while it does not work for me. Is there something I have to do in order to make my controller work for 1.4.? Testing and playing a jump and run game (level) with a keyboard is terrible and for me nearly literally impossible. It is a freaking pain in the a$$.

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend

Post #2by andreepika1336 » 27 Feb 2016, 2:18

Move this into the Troubleshooting forum.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 27 Feb 2016, 3:37

So I've been seeing a lot of people saying the same, SMBX 1.4.2 support the Joysticks (I think your Xbox controller won't works) just be sure you have all the plugins and drivers updated abd try again (this generally fox the problem).
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #4by ILikeWoods » 27 Feb 2016, 10:42

This would be kind of ridiculous. It (the xbox 360 wire controller) has been always working. I am close to think it is a standard for several years within the windows updates or whatever.

But hey, at tomshardware and smashboards I found the dl link for the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories"
https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

(yes, I considered x64 for my Win 7 64). But I still can not even 'select' the KEYBOARD as input (at best I can select the menu entry) to confirm an other input device as like done in 1.3. So, it does not even let me take something else. So what else am I supposed to do?

But like I said: The config system is all new written, I still think it is not fully working for everything yet.

Return to “Bug reports”