Issue with changing block's properties in 1.4.5.

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #1by Eri7 » 13 Sep 2020, 14:59

Hello, I have issues with the manipulation of block's properties through scripts. In 1.4.5, it seems I can no longer change the properties of blocks through scripts, something that worked fine in 1.4.4 which makes some of my scripts not functional. Here is an example, this here would no longer work in 1.4.5 (the butterfly colliding with the block and changing the block's .exty value).
On smbx 1.4.4.
Honeycam 2019-04-17 15-14-58.gif

On smbx 1.4.5.
Honeycam 2020-09-13 13-57-30.gif

If someone knows a workaround, please tell me or else, I hope 38A fixes this in the next patch.

Edit:
It also appears the same issues persists with bgos, not only blocks.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Victor ManuelMR M
Marquis
Marquis
Victor ManuelMR M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #2by Victor ManuelMR » 13 Sep 2020, 21:58

Spoiler
Eri7 wrote:Hello, I have issues with the manipulation of block's properties through scripts. In 1.4.5, it seems I can no longer change the properties of blocks through scripts, something that worked fine in 1.4.4 which makes some of my scripts not functional. Here is an example, this here would no longer work in 1.4.5 (the butterfly colliding with the block and changing the block's .exty value).
On smbx 1.4.4.

On smbx 1.4.5.

If someone knows a workaround, please tell me or else, I hope 38A fixes this in the next patch.

Edit:

Why don't you use an NPC as a block?
So you use the Iterators, to find out if the Butterfly collides with this "NPC Block".
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #3by Eri7 » 13 Sep 2020, 23:03

Victor ManuelMR wrote:
Spoiler
Eri7 wrote:Hello, I have issues with the manipulation of block's properties through scripts. In 1.4.5, it seems I can no longer change the properties of blocks through scripts, something that worked fine in 1.4.4 which makes some of my scripts not functional. Here is an example, this here would no longer work in 1.4.5 (the butterfly colliding with the block and changing the block's .exty value).
On smbx 1.4.4.
The attachment Honeycam 2019-04-17 15-14-58.gif is no longer available

On smbx 1.4.5.
Honeycam 2020-09-13 16-33-29.gif

Edit:

So you use the Iterators, to find out if the Butterfly collides with this "NPC Block".
Yeah this solution came to mind, I will try that especially that now we can make npcs not despawn, I am just having other issues currently by not being able to edit these objects properties like for example, I want to make all of these red X blocks transperant while testing but .forecolor doesnt work with blocks anymore (like all the other functions).

Victor ManuelMR M
Marquis
Marquis
Victor ManuelMR M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #4by Victor ManuelMR » 14 Sep 2020, 1:48

Spoiler
Eri7 wrote:
Victor ManuelMR wrote:
Spoiler
On smbx 1.4.4.
The attachment Honeycam 2019-04-17 15-14-58.gif is no longer available

On smbx 1.4.5.
Screenshot_2.png

Edit:

Yeah this solution came to mind, I will try that especially that now we can make npcs not despawn, I am just having other issues currently by not being able to edit these objects properties like for example, I want to make all of these red X blocks transperant while testing but .forecolor doesnt work with blocks anymore (like all the other functions).
Screenshot_2.png

You need to select a block, and have them activate the script, behind the "On Screen" event.
Using this type of script:

Code: Select all

with block(sysval(param1))

if char(1).alive = 1
.forecolor = RGBA(0,0,0,0)
end

end with

Screenshot_2.png

There are things that were added in 1.4.5 that make all the difference, and they are all on Wiki.
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #5by Eri7 » 14 Sep 2020, 11:02

Victor ManuelMR wrote:
Spoiler
Eri7 wrote:
Victor ManuelMR wrote:
Spoiler
On smbx 1.4.4.

On smbx 1.4.5.

Edit:

You need to select a block, and have them activate the script, behind the "On Screen" event.
Using this type of script:

Code: Select all

with block(sysval(param1))

if char(1).alive = 1
.forecolor = RGBA(0,0,0,0)
end

end with

Screenshot_2.png

There are things that were added in 1.4.5 that make all the difference, and they are all on Wiki.
Thank you so much! I wasn't aware this was changed.

Return to “Bug reports”