Feedback patch 27

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 24 Jan 2020, 8:06

This post is to give feedback of the fixed/unfixed things in patch 27. While most of things were fixed properly there are some things that didn't. Note that I'm not going to mention things that were reported a day before or the same day the new patch came out (like Skidding and GFX Expansion not working in mountables).

1. Generator warp problem is still not fixed:
    Spoiler
    gen.gif

Original link:
    viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3536

2. Platforms in SMW lines:
    I made a post talking about this problem, but what I reported wasn't correct. This bug happen because every time the NPCs attached to the lineguide "find" a new line (i.e moves to a different block), its speed restarts to 0 for one frame:
    Spoiler
    smw-line.gif
    smw-line.gif (221.46 KiB) Viewed 208 times

This causes both player and NPCs not being able to stick correctly.

3. Shell Bugs
    There are some problems yet to fix regarding Kamikaze Koopa. Every time they bounce (in the same pattern) they lose a bit of speed, which eventually leads them to losing at their speed and not moving at all.

It starts like this:
    Spoiler
    shell-a.gif
    shell-a.gif (13.13 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Buf after around 20 seconds it becomes like this:
    Spoiler
    shell-b.gif
    shell-b.gif (19.85 KiB) Viewed 208 times

The way SMBX 1.3 solve this (and the way I suggested to fix it) is implementing a tiny speed boost. So please insert this somewhere in the Kamikaze's code (I tested with parallel execution and it fixes the problem):

Code: Select all

with npc(sysval(param1))
       if .xsp > -0.1 and .xsp < 0.1 then
          if .facing = 1 then
            .xsp = -0.2
          else
            .xsp = 0.2
          end if
       end if

-Kamikaze Koopas are now immune to explosions, but when they are hit by one, you can hear the sound effect "Birdo Hit". Please remove it.

4. Skulls still doesn't freeze when the player gets hurt or grows, unlike other platforms:
    Spoiler
    skull.gif
    skull.gif (123.7 KiB) Viewed 208 times

5. Fireballs physics
    The fireballs feels a bit too bouncy. I gave the correct values, but I didn't realize fireballs gravity in 1.3 was higher than in 1.4. Please change change gravity of the fireballs to 0.38 (from 0.26).

-Plus, here's a table with fireballs speeds for other players (whose I forgot to provide in the previous report):
    Spoiler
    fireball.PNG
  6. Mini players standing on water was fixed properly, however, the swimming physics for mini-players are now broken (and have been broken since patch 26). It's like force were pushing the players downwards, it takes a lot of fast inputs to gain some height:
    Spoiler
    mini.gif
    mini.gif (65.47 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Please revert back swimming physics as they were in patch 25, but without modifying player's behaviour when standing on water.

7. Veggies
    You must provide complete data about the speed of veggies when player-X throw them with up/left/right key pressed/unpressed

Here it is:
    Spoiler
    Veggies-1.PNG
    Veggies-1.PNG (8.44 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Veggies-2.PNG
    Veggies-2.PNG (6.45 KiB) Viewed 208 times

-Hitting Wart with Veggies still makes them disappear, when they just should bounce.

8. Billy's Gun bullets still can't hit Breakable Glass (npc-208) continuously.

9. Players still can't fly when they spin-jump in the ground with the Propeller Suit:
    Spoiler
    propeller.gif
    propeller.gif (22.59 KiB) Viewed 208 times

They just perform a normal spin-jump. I don't know if this is intended but I suggest reverting this change, since it doesn't happen in NSMB games and it's just taking away a mechanic that we were so used to.

10. Mini players can still bounce on Galoombas (Upside down) and SMB3 Bob-Ombs (Ignited)

11. When the player attacks with the tail (Leaf/Tanooki Suit), it slows down the players x-speed a lot. The players basically lose all his speed:
    Spoiler
    leaf.gif

The issue I reported was that the player had wrong animation while falling with "Run" key pressed (it had hovering animations, when this only should happen either if "Jump" or "Alt-Jump" are pressed.)

I really hope the latter problem can be fixed soon, since it completely ruins the experience of using Leaf/Tanooki Suit.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #2by Eri7 » 24 Jan 2020, 10:38

Not all heroes wear capes.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Return to “Bug reports”