Misc. Players bugs [Fixed all except 2 and 3 in P27]

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 4 Jan 2020, 21:14

1. Releasing a npc (unpress run/alt-run + down key) should not produce any sound effect. This doesn't happen in any Mario game, neither in SMBX 1.3.

• Additionally, releasing the Ice Block will produce a effect like if it was kicked:
      Spoiler

• And when you grab SMW Galoomba (Stomped) or SMB3 Bob-Omb (Ignited), they will produce the sound effect "kick" and "grab" and the same time. Please remove the sound effect "kick".

2. In a previous post I reported that players in mini form should fall through the water if they don't move, this was true but I forgot to mention an important detail: the player should fall through the water after 10 frames without moving. Furthermore, please revert back swimming physics as they were in patch 25, because now they're a bit broken.

This was the desired behaviour:
    Spoiler

I used patch 25 to record that gif. This is the code I used (the part "char(1).ysp = 0" is when it's supposedly stood on water)

Code: Select all

do
       if char(1).status = 11 then
          if char(1).xsp > -0.4 and char(1).xsp < 0.4 and char(1).ysp = 0 then
             v(a) += 1
          else
             v(a) = 0
          end if

if v(a) > 9 then
             char(1).y += 4 'To make the player pass through the water.
             char(1).ysp = 3 'Could be changed to a higher value like 4. For me it didn't work for some reason...
          end if
       end if
       call sleep(1)
    loop

3. About the Propeller Mushroom post post, while only #1 was fixed properly, #2 was fixed but in a wrong way, now you can't gain a boost if you spin-jump on the floor:
    Spoiler

Please revert it back as it was in patch 25. (To be clear, my point was that while falling, you could just keep pressing "alt-jump" and the player would produce a boost as soon as it lands, ignoring by completely the timing required to do so. I suggested fix the timing by making the game checks if the player unpressed and pressed "alt-jump" in the floor to produce a boost. But it's not that important, so it's OK if you just revert it back to patch 25).

Shell Suit I know this has been reported before, but I'd like to know why. If Peach or Toad hit a wall in their shell form, they won't bounce back. If they break a block they will stop right there and stand. This interaction is completely odd, and since most of level designs for shell suits requires you to block various blocks continuously, Toad and Peach especially suffer. For example look at this:
    Spoiler

Now look at this;
    Spoiler
    Honeycam 2020-01-04 14-50-12.gif

Please make Toad and Peach bounce walls and break blocks without unshelling.

4. When you entry a door, it produces the "door" sound effect twice. In SMBX 1.3, it only produces the sound effect once when you enter. However, if the level entry was a door, it should produce the door effect.

5. When a block is hit by the raccoon's tail (Leaf/Tanooki Suit) it doesn't produce the sound effect "Block Hit".

6. In the raccoon/tanooki form, if you press "run"/"alt-run" keys while falling it produces the animations like if it was hovering:
    Spoiler
    (I only pressed "run" key while falling)

7. When the player is flying (with Leaf, Tanooki Suit, Lakitu's Shoe or Yoshi) and collides with an upside down slope, it doesn't push the players downwards (when it actually does in a normal block):
    Spoiler

Plus, it doesn't play the sound effect "Block Hit".

The problem with this is that when you're going fast, you can pass through the slopes and get stuck:
    Spoiler

Notice how my momentum stopped at the end of the gif. This happens so often...

8. This isn't important but it's been there since forever. If the player is near to a wall and faces the opposite direction, it keeps skidding indefinitely:
    Spoiler
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Bug reports”